Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 09, 2007

My Post Went Somewhere

I had a post and now it's gone!! Not sure where it went. I'm thinking to that same place that socks in the dryer go.

Anyway, I wrote a post about an on-line map taking me down one highway, taking an exit to swing around and retake the exit that I entered the highway with in the first place. Using this strategy would easily get me across the median that separated the state road. It couldn't take me down the street to make a u-turn or to a traffic light that allowed me to cross over. Nope, it took me onto a highway, off an exit and than back again. Go figure!!

I also like how sometimes these on-line maps take me down uncharted roads to get to one place that only needed a simple route to take. By the time I get from one destination to the next, I have virtually created angles and shapes only drawn in geometry class.

Has anyone else had funny incidences with these on-line maps.

13 Comments:

  • I'm scared to believe the online maps anymore...I've gotten more lost with them than on my own!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:09 PM  

  • I think those online maps are great for unfamiliar areas but if you are familiar with the area then you can almost laugh at some of the directions the machine recommends.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:19 PM  

  • I have online maps that indicate for me to get to the freeway I need to go throgh two stop lights that I already knnow I can avoid if I went the short cut..weird...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • No, but my GPS has lead me on some turns that left me thinking, WTF?

    By Blogger Aaron, at 8:51 AM  

  • This past weekend, I used the navigation system in my car and it gave me some odd directions. I figure it was because it was actually a shorter route in distance only. There were quicker routes. But I guess you can't expect the navigation system to know traffic patterns.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • SOmetimes I have to republish and republish posts to get them to "stick"

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 2:29 PM  

  • i thought men didn't ask for directions. is it different online somehow? cuz it's anonymous maybe?

    By Blogger cher, at 11:27 PM  

  • Do you have any pets you want to post on bloggers pets?

    By Blogger tkkerouac, at 11:28 PM  

  • Must be Mapquest...there's no logic there.

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:26 AM  

  • Online map directions are alright--depending on the area! Good to have an atlas in the car, too. Never know when you might need it! And, in case of serious disorientation, I ask for directions.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 4:55 PM  

  • Mapquest is the worse for out of the way directions. I went to Asheville, N.C and got lost so many times I gave up and went to a gas station. The guy laughed when he saw my directions. So he tells me, "Mapquest, it figures!" Then he hands me a map of the area. Free. Found out Asheville, N.C. is wacky anyway to drive in. Guess the joke was on me. :o)~

    Hope you find your post but if the sock fairies took it you may never see it again.

    By Blogger Tawnya Shields, at 6:00 PM  

  • I've had good luck with my GPS map thingee ... except that I've had it for two years now, so some new roads aren't on it ...

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 9:28 PM  

  • Yesterday - I was late for a meeting with a client!

    I usually rely on a Map Book, that is the best way to go.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home