Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Puppet On A String

They crowned the new winner of "America's Got Talent" the other night and yes I watched it. I bet you that Mr. Shife watched it throughout the summer. Mr. Shife's idol the Hoff is one of the judges, plus in the grand finale, Hoff serenaded the audience.

A ventriliquist won. I was surprised. I don't mean shocked because the guy does have talent because he does. It's just that the art of ventriliquism is old and isn't really done that much. So it was surprising to me that a majority of the callers voted for and enjoyed him. Like I said, the man is talented and could sing pretty well.

This ventriliquist was up against a beat boxer, the guy I wanted to win Cas Haley (sp?) and a country singer. I thought that maybe one of the singers would win, but the hand puppet guy did. So kudos to him.

Did anyone else watch this? Or am I the only person keeping the show on the air?

15 Comments:

  • So what do they win? I'm one of the one's who doesn't watch that show. I got turned off last year when there was someone burp-singing a song.

    By Blogger Airam, at 10:29 AM  

  • Just you.

    By Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist, at 2:02 PM  

  • I watch this Angel ha. I watch ALL reality tv so of course I watched this.
    I was a big terry fan, I thought he was AMAZING. Although I wanted Butterscotch to win. The girl wasn't a fan when she murdered a Rascal Flatts song, wasn't that impressed with Cas.

    I blame the Germans for allowing the Hoff to stay popular, his singing on the finale was so bad my dog hid.

    By Blogger Phats, at 4:23 PM  

  • i think i need a reality tv show of my own.

    then i'd have to get cable. how could i not watch myself every week and see what i was up to?

    By Blogger cher, at 8:32 PM  

  • I only watched that show a couple of times...both times the talent was so strange, it was almost like a circus. I knew they had to have real good talent, but after two tries, I lost interest.

    Have a great weekend!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 11:29 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

  • I liked Kasif and his Bollywood dance. It's the only thing that I watched--got a tip from a site about his talent. Watching the Hoff's reaction was priceless!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:50 PM  

  • One of my favorite movies of all times is a movie called "Dummy"

    By Blogger cher, at 11:51 AM  

  • I don't watch that...but I am a big fan of "So you think you can dance" and "American Idol" and a few other reality shows.

    Shhhhh. We don't have to tell anyone. :o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 3:22 PM  

  • I didn't watch but I like ventriliquists, they are cool.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 4:10 PM  

  • That is a bit odd, my lips didn't even move when i wrote that.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 12:28 AM  

  • A ventriloquist? Really????

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:15 AM  

  • What is this crazy show that you speak of??

    By Blogger Scott, at 12:02 AM  

  • I'll admit...I did watch a few episodes, but not enough to keep up with the competition. I kind of like the show!

    By Blogger Katie, at 11:18 PM  

  • What show??

    By Blogger Aaron, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home