Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, September 13, 2007

After 12 Clog Your Arteries

I just saw a weird announcement. One of the fast food restaurants that I like stated that they would start serving healthier meals for children under 12. So does that mean after 12 they don't care if you clog your arteries? What if I wanted a healthy meal, could I get one because I'm over 12? In reality some advanced technology toys (and I'm not talking lincoln logs) cause me to become 8 years-old all over again.

Why not just say that healthier meals now available? And because they are so use to it, some under 12 children may not understand the concept of 0 trans-fat, low carbs, or card board tasting food served on a tray.

Just wondering who does the marketing for some of these places.

10 Comments:

  • After 12 you probably have more of a choice of what goes in your mouth. Kids who are obese only have their parents to blame. They are the ones who feed them the junk.

    By Blogger Airam, at 9:43 PM  

  • I hate this on the way home today! you're talking BK right? But I didn't go healthy haha

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:05 AM  

  • I think this is just a marketing ploy targeted at parents.

    Even crappy eaters like myself tend to have a desire to provide real nourishment for their offspring.

    "Let me have one tofurkey happy meal with carrot sticks for my kid, and a quadruple bacon cheeseburger and substitute hot greasy pork rinds for the fries for myself."

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 11:26 AM  

  • I'm going to find out if the fast food restaurant is willing to deep fry those apple sticks they will soon be offering. Then glaze them with some of the burger fat runoff. Screw health, I'm gonna be a big fatass with a huge smile on my face, at least until I have a fatal heart attack at 31.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

  • ... and I'll where one of those little helicopter beanies when I place the order.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

  • I think once you hit 12 you don't listen to anyone or anything anymore so it is a lost cause.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:20 PM  

  • hey, ya! what about us old folks? don't our arteries deserve attention too?

    By Blogger cher, at 3:00 PM  

  • Children under 12 crave the fat...sheesh.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:28 PM  

  • I thnk at 12 you really start making your own choices about food and what to eat - they are so focused now on child obesity that they want to appeal to today's youth - but I agree it should be for everyone...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

  • Thats a good point. I think the thinking is to help the kids get off to a good start before they know better.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home