Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, September 17, 2007

Weird Freaky Dream

One of my friends and I (the Egg) discuss our weird dreams all the time. We even started to write them down in journal form so that when we had one of our long discussions, we could throw these dreams in to add a few more hours to our phone calls.

The other day I had a really weird dream. In my dream, I had fallen asleep on the couch in my parent's basement. There is a flat screen television there, as well as a pretty comfortable couch. Then in my dream, my sister's son had come down and sat in front of the television. The basement in my parent's house in the place where their grandchildren go to play because it's relatively safe (there is nothing breakable there--unlike in the living room). So in my dream, my nephew sits down and watches Nickelodeon. I try to wake up (not realizing this was still part of the dream), but I can't open my eyes. I can hear my nephew's voice and hear whatever show he was watching, but couldn't wake up. I finally call to my nephew to come and shake me (which he does half-assed because his head is turned to watch whatever show he was watching). At this point I become frustrated and then wake up for real. I discover that I'm not in my parent's basement.

Weird huh? I guess the pinch me I must be dreaming doesn't apply in all cases.

5 Comments:

  • I only seem to remember dreams when I have caffeine less than three hours before I go to sleep.

    It's weird having that sleeping withing sleeping type dream. Though many of the dreams I remember are about me trying to alter my dream world and waking up to discover all that I accomplished hadn't really happened.

    By Blogger Grant, at 1:33 PM  

  • I had some weird dreams last night. Family members showed up. That's all I remember. Last week I had a dream about the governor of Caliiifornia. Don't ask. I should continue the dream journal! I've been a slacker.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 8:11 PM  

  • Spongebob's the debil.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 10:28 PM  

  • We've come to expect nothing less. :D

    By Blogger Aaron, at 12:57 PM  

  • It's always messed up when you dream about sleeping.

    I dreamt I had gone back to college, and was in an elevator. A ghost was in the elevator with us, and we all freaked out.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home