Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Emotional Diseases

Why would you put the name of a disease in the title of a love story? I don't get it, but it caught my attention. I had to look twice to make sure that I had gotten the title correct. Matter of fact, I was reading about gastro-intestinal diseases when I first saw the commercial and maybe that's why the commercial stuck in my head. I had also thought I misheard the title because I was studying the very topic. But when I searched the internet, there it was, I had not misheard afterall.

I'm not going to say the title, I'm sure most of you have heard it. I just don't want people to accidentally find this blog because I mentioned the movie. I kept trying to figure out why cholera and love would be in the same sentence. And then I thought, maybe it's because love makes your stomach churn and feel funny, the way a diarrheal disease might. Could that be the reason? Or maybe because when love ends, you feel like all your insides have been pulled through your bung-hole. And it's that expulsion that you want to flush down the toilet. Maybe that's the reason.

I applaud the person who came up with this title because people like me will be talking about it, therefore giving it some attention. However, the curiosity doesn't hold me enough to go and see the film, not even when it ends up on TBS or cable somewhere. Still though, it was enough for me to write three small paragraphs about.

17 Comments:

  • I'm lost...

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 6:23 PM  

  • You know, I got hooked fromt he title. It sounds so odd, but it worked, At elast it is better than "Love, in the time of ebola" Flesh eating bacteria always make for a great love story!

    By Blogger Chipper, at 7:25 PM  

  • Thanks for reminding me to finish this book. I picked it up at Books A Million--it was 3 bucks. I read it on the bus from Cinci to Cleveland. I got distracted by the idiot behind my seat--kept yapping to all the people he knew on his cell phone. At least we talk for hours in the comforts of our rooms:) Anyway, I'll go look for the book and finish reading it. The movie got bad reviews.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 8:19 PM  

  • I had the same thought you did about the title. You would think a better sounding title would be a good idea but maybe because it is so weird people start talking about it like we are.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:55 PM  

  • yeah i don't get the title either. though the hopelessly dumbass romantic in me wants to know what happens. but then the realistic bitchy part of me says that anyone who waits 50 years to be with the person they love is a moron. lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

  • I don't know aht movei/book you are talking about either.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 9:52 PM  

  • so
    Have your insides ever been pulled through your bung hole?

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 7:57 AM  

  • I'm not one for romantic movies, being a guy. Maybe they really should rename that movie. Did you know the original title of Titanic was Love in the time of Scurvy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

  • love sucks.
    diarrhea blows.

    By Blogger cher, at 5:52 PM  

  • They're already planning the sequel - "Love, In the Time of Herpes."

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:28 AM  

  • Very interesting Angel

    Have a great thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:01 AM  

  • contest is up. make sure you enter, or you may not win

    By Blogger cher, at 2:29 PM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving Angel!

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 2:30 PM  

  • Interesting...I wondered the same thing when I first heard about that movie ("did I actually hear that correctly?")

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    ~XO
    LEE ANN

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 3:22 PM  

  • Well, I did love the book....even though the writing is a bit twisted and you have to keep with it...there was really a point to it..

    By Blogger Sherry, at 5:51 PM  

  • What's even worse is having a disease named after you. Imagine that. "No doctor!! No!! Don't say I have Angel Jr. Disease! PLEASE NO!!"

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Dan, at 8:29 PM  

  • his is related to an older post, but I just saw the commercial for the Ped Egg and it was every bit as gross as you described it. Yuck!

    By Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home