Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, November 09, 2007

Mind Playing Tricks

Why is it that I can normally sleep with the lights off until someone tells me a scary story? Seeing a scary movie on television doesn't usually bother me because I know it's fiction and I'm usually fascinated by the fact that many of these horror movie actors/actresses don't usually move beyond the B movie realm (I'm saying most because back in the day, many A list actors and actresses didn't do movies like that---the one famous person I know to survive those types of movies is Jamie Lee Curtis). Anyway, I digress.

The other night I was talking to a buddy of mine who for some reason started to talk about ghosts and whether or not he believed in them. I told him about a time during medical school when I was studying in an empty, but well lit area of the school that I could have sworn I saw something moving in the shadows. But what freaked me out was the fact that I looked over to a classmate studying in the same area and she must have seen what I thought to have seen. She had a frightened look on her face.I later found out that that the old morgue was in that section of the school. Or so someone said (I'm more apt to believe someone said it because of my classmates and my claims of seeing this figure). Anyway, I'm making a short story long.

I don't really see shadows or hear funny sounds unless I talk about this stuff. And that night i could hear the wind blow through the garden and against the house.

So after my buddy and I talked, I closed the blinds of my bedroom, the door from my bedroom to the bathroom, the main door of my bedroom and turned on the night light. I also turned off the television (which throws eerie lights off at night when you are spooked). I'm still a big fraidy cat.

17 Comments:

  • Maybe because the story could be real? I dunno. I have to sleepin complete darkness

    Have a great weekend and go Boilers and Mountaineers!

    By Blogger Phats, at 3:23 PM  

  • I am right with you on this one angel. It always takes a day or two to get that stuff out of my mind. I think the problem is an over-active imagination.

    By Blogger Duck, at 5:12 PM  

  • lmao.well i totally believe in ghosts. i'vehadsomefreaky experiencesthat scared the bejeesus outta me. matter of fact, i'mscaredof the dark and sleep with a night light even at 30 years of age. talk about a scaredy cat. lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • i agree with duck...over imaginations can get the best of you...or at least your sleep plans.

    i don't have the best periferal vision for what ever reason and Rob makes me jump all day long. He's like "When are you going to remember I live here?"

    By Blogger cher, at 7:24 PM  

  • SO am I - I can't even watch scary movies anymore without getting nighmares and driving my husband crazy in the middle of the night with my screams of terror..neigbors must think that's my sex chant....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • You're not alone.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:21 PM  

  • I want to see a ghost. i am a doubter and I can honestly say i've never even thought I saw one. I even looked for the ghost of Elvis while in Vegas recently.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:56 PM  

  • Um don't think that you're alone. Why if I'm really scared, and my mom is around, then I'll ask her to sleep in my room. You know all about the spooky experiences in Salem! Yeah I'd do the same thing..night light and all. Have a good week!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 11:54 PM  

  • ppsstt...

    Ghosts aren't concerned (or deterred) by your use of blinds, doors, lighting, etc. Sleep tight! :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:37 AM  

  • I'm a big fraidy cat too...sometimes you just feel creepy things...& why wouldn't you pay attention to that? (I never watch scary movies on purpose).

    By Blogger Chick, at 7:30 PM  

  • Do you think that, perhaps, we open ourselves up to levels of perception which we normally ignore, especially after we've scared ourselves silly? I do believe in ghosts, but I think most of us walk right by them without ever noticing because we're so preoccupied by the loud, obtusive, showy distractions of the living. :)

    By Blogger kimber, at 8:38 PM  

  • I like that your a fraidy cat.

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 10:59 PM  

  • Yes, you are a scardy cat. But the next time I'm in your neck of the woods, you have to take me to where the Mothman sightings happened.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 5:38 PM  

  • I am like that too Angel, but I cannot ever even watch a scary movie. I get really bad dreams.
    I am a scardy cat too.
    Have a great week.
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 5:53 PM  

  • I'm like that too. I'm not good and sleeping alone overnight. I tend to let my imagination run wild and wake up to every little sound or let the shadows get the better of me.

    Freaking factoid about the old morgue being on campus!

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:19 PM  

  • This is why I prefer Hitchcock and psychological thrillers because it messes with your imagination. Hope you are sleeping better now.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 9:25 PM  

  • hey, just wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed.

    email me at sincerelykate1@hotmail.com for the new site.

    kt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home