Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Music

So I've been running/jogging/walking for about two weeks now. I would not call myself a runner just yet. My routine usually goes something like this...I run for a mile, then walk for half a mile, run for another half mile, then walk for half a mile, then run for another half mile or mile. So I'm not consistent, but I'm not at breathless as I was two weeks ago.

I've run before. But before I did it to lose weight, now I'm doing it to get into shape (yeah lose some poundage) but I also like it this time. I feel great after a run and I'm actually truly enjoying it.

Now here's the problem....music. I run with my iPod. But my iPod is a true mess. I've got so many different genres in this mini storage unit that placing it on scramble just ends up having too much variety. I'll go from listening to something face paced to classical music. So this breaks my pace.

Now here's what I need from you....helpful suggestions for running music. I've bought one of those card things for music. Help me create a play list for running. Suggest some good running/jogging/music.

7 Comments:

  • wow, i'm impressed. i usually run jog for 5 minutes and walk for 15, jog or 5, walk for 15. lol. i wish i could last longer. good for you!

    i have so much music! so have to put a list together for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

  • Running in any fashion is great. you can create playlists on your IPOD as well.

    NIN
    Green Day
    Nirvana
    Rage Against the Machine
    Foo Fighters
    Marilyn Manson
    The Clash
    The Chemical Brothers to name a few

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:22 AM  

  • Card thingies?

    I usually find I exercise better when listening to angry music. For whatever reason, I always hit it hard when listening to Disturbed. (Not exactly my music of genre of choice.)

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:24 PM  

  • I tend to go very poppy for working out. Yeah, it's all Britney and PCD for me...

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 7:51 AM  

  • Thank you so much for the kind words at my place Angel.
    Happy Easter!
    xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 3:28 PM  

  • I like stuff that's a bit hard and a lot fast. Not my cup of tea, but have you heard of Billy Tallent? Stuff like that.

    By Anonymous wigsf, at 6:31 PM  

  • I don't jog anymore (gave my knees trouble), but I do walk. I used to listen to music while walking--first on cassette, later on CD. But I got so tired of fumbling with my Walkman and Discman, that I started walking without either. And to my pleasant surprise, I found that I didn't need them--that music played in my memory! Everytime I walk, song-after-song goes through my head, naturally!

    By Anonymous Scott, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home