Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, May 04, 2009

Pollen

The painful return of budding flowers, plants, trees, etc....I'm not saying that it isn't wanted. It's actually beautiful. Spring, a new awakening, a new arrival, the start of something good!! However, it ushers in pollen. And a stuffy nose, itchy eyes and constant sneezing...are the exact reason I don't like pollen.

Because of the new pandemic, everytime I sneeze (and it's due to my body's reaction to pollen), people take four steps backwards. At church on Sunday, someone just smiled and nodded their head when I stuck my hand out for handshaking during the peace ceremony. I can understand their hesitance, after all, there is not really a distiction between a flu sneeze and an allergy sneeze. I can sometimes tell, but for the most part, not really.

So I'm suffering with congestion, drippy snot and itchy eyes. And nothing I have taken has worked yet.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so glad I was spared the reaction to pollen, sorry man.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:32 PM  

  • Everyone's turning into a germaphobe!

    I've heard that if you eat honey from your own local area...that's supposed to help.

    By Blogger Chick, at 12:05 AM  

  • I can definitely relate! My Northwest-Florida lawn has six live oaks (there were ten, before Hurricane Ivan hit). They are very old, and very beautiful, and I love them! But they do shed seemingly-endless pollen (along with old leaves), this time of year. It doesn't make me cough or sneeze, but it definitely makes my nose run--I have to take Benadryl up to four times a day!

    By Anonymous Scott, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home