Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, November 27, 2009

A Different Purge

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Once again, thanks to my brother-in-law, we had two awesome deep fried turkeys on the table!! And he hit the yum buttons with these delicacies.

So now, after stuffing myself senseless, eating like I've never eaten before (hey, I usually only have pecan pie this time of year) and scarfing down every side dish imaginable, I find myself still feeling like I could throw up. I guess this is how many people gain approximately 15 pounds over the holidays. They just eat. And it doesn't really seem like you are eating when you are in a social situation. You converse, only to take a breather from conversing to fill your plate again. Several times I didn't even realize that I had eaten because I was either listening intently to someone recap their year, or else doing the recapping.

All in all I had a great thanksgiving. I hope everyone else did too!

1 Comments:

  • I had a good one and glad to hear you did as well. My pants lost the battle this year. I guess I will have to wear the bigger ones at Christmas.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home