Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Halloween

Walking through the mall yesterday, I noticed the costume sales. This brought back memories of shopping for my Halloween costume as a child. I know that I dressed up every year (up until about the age of 12 or thirteen), but I really can't remember wearing any of the costumes. I do have vague recollections about how it felt to shop for costumes and sifting through the aisles to find something unique, but not wearing anything in particular.

There is only one costume that I remember wearing for trick or treat. The costume was a Slestak from Land of the Lost. My older cousin was a huge fan of the show. I remember going to the mall and and him suggesting to me to buy it. I vaguely remember watching the show on Saturday mornings with him. Since he had such an influence on me, I wore the costume. My younger brother also bought it. This one costume sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Now, whenever I go to a costume party or have to dress up, I go simple. Nothing that covers my face (my looks are horrifying enough). I usually just buy a cape and false teeth and do the vampire thing.

3 Comments:

  • My default costume is a pirate since I'm 3/4 of the way there already.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:27 PM  

  • I used to have re-occurring dreams about Sleestack. Scary but too slow to ever get you.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:25 AM  

  • I want to see you as a vampire! I'm off on Halloween weekend--planning on a party...think you can come???!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home