Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Healthy" Salad Bars

Have you ever noticed that salad bars now how the fixings that can create a 2500 calorie salad? Items like genuine real chopped up bacon bits (my favorite--I usually get a bowl full and then add lettuce leaves as garnish), butter fried croutons drizzled with shaved parmesan cheese, cheese blocks themselves, anchovies, and even the dressings themselves are loaded with calories.

So at times I like to fool myself into thinking that I'm eating healthy by opting for the salad bar, however just ordering a steak and baked potato, minus the bar would have given me less calories than the nine trips I've made creating a "healthy" salad.

5 Comments:

  • It is tough to build a salad that is low calorie as I LOVE everything on it.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:07 AM  

  • Yeah if you want it to be "healthy" then you pretty much just have to roll with the lettuce and dressing. If you want it to be "tasty" then you have to pile on all the good stuff.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:49 AM  

  • Mmmm. Bacon.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 1:58 PM  

  • Which is why I love steak salads with french fries and blue cheese...yummo! So there's a lot of fat, but it's heavenly!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:48 AM  

  • hello
    how are you?
    my name is cecilia
    im from argentina
    im fan of jonas brothers and demii (L)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home