Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, October 12, 2009

The Future

One of my favorite new shows is Flash Forward.

The premise of this show is that everyone passes out at the same time and has a glimpse of their future.

I am wondering, since they do have this privilege, can they do something to change it? They are fully aware of what they see, so in the course of time, should they do something to change that path?

If my future "flash" weren't favorable, I may do something to alter it, to make it more favorable.

At the same time however, I don't think I would do anything to alter my past. Yeah, maybe there are things that I could change. But should I? After all, everything that has happened in my past has made me the person that I am today. There were lessons learned and people that I met because of the course I took.

I may try and change the future, but I'm pretty happy with my past.

5 Comments:

  • I wouldn;t mind chnaging both the past and future, not that anything horribly happened but sure, there are things I'd like to have changed.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 2:26 PM  

  • Ditto my dear!!! For all the hellish ways of the past, I wouldn't trade them for anything. I'm a better person because of those tests. The future is delicious and mysterious!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:45 AM  

  • Flashforward is one of my favorite new shows as well. I am intrigued to see how it plays out. There are some things in my past I regret and would like to change but none of it was so terrible that it has made my life horrible. I have learned from it and moved on and hopefully it has made me a better person. I think if I knew my future I would live my differently and I don't know if that would be a good thing.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 1:26 PM  

  • I go with the "you learn from your past" route. I had a rocky road last year and while part of me wishes it'd never happened...I know I'm better for it.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 8:26 PM  

  • I love this show too!! This is one of my new favorites along with Glee. :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home