Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Minute Christmas Excursions

I still have a headache from my trip to the mall yesterday. I was there to do some almost last minute Christmas shopping. The lines were horrible. The sales were not really sales--for the most part I think they were just regular sales, but the holly and pine cones surrounding the signs made them more appealing or seem like real deals.

I don't know why I get grumpy when I'm at the mall. Maybe it's because I don't like shopping. I do however like getting gifts for people. Maybe yesterday was more tiresome because I waited in register lines forever!!!! Because when I did get home and I was organizing all these gifts, I got a bit excited about the prospect of giving them to my friends, family and loved ones. I can't wait to see the smiles on their faces.

I think next year, I will just start early. I sort of started early this year. Whenever I would see something that I thought would make the perfect gift, I would store the idea in my Treo. Next year, I will just make the purchase right then and there. It will save me from having to go through the shopping rush again.

I think some eggnog will help me get over this mood.

11 Comments:

  • Congrats on getting back from the mall alive, I'm with you.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 7:09 PM  

  • You know, Christmas is just over a week away, and I'm just not feeling it.

    I've done some shopping, but have a large chunk left to go. Yay, malls!

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 10:32 PM  

  • Early is good. So is eggnog!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 10:43 AM  

  • Hate to be a nit picker but you can't call it last minute shopping unless it is done on the 24th.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:56 PM  

  • Going to the mall this close to Christmas is never a good time. Glad you made it back alive.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:21 AM  

  • haha you're nuts going to the mall brave my friend brave. I luckily finished my shopping well before the madness haha :)

    Merry Christmas!! have a great holiday Angel Jr!

    By Blogger Phats, at 2:08 AM  

  • I waited in line for a LONG time on the 23rd just to see Santa. My daughter begged and pleaded, and I explained to her that her two brothers at home would get jealous. She promised not to tell. So I waited in line with all the crazy parents...drives me insane.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:06 PM  

  • well you know I had to come over and rub it in that the Boilers beat the Mountaineers today in the battle of unbeatens in college basketball :)

    Hope you had a great holiday!!

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:57 AM  

  • I enjoyed your post on holiday shopping, and I think I feel much the same way about it as you do.
    Thank goodness for amazon dot com; they get my loot right to my house.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 PM  

  • Just thought I would tell you that the toy you asked about does come highly recommended. Baby Shife likes it a lot.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:27 PM  

  • Are you still on Christmas break?

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home