Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Music With Many Voices

One of the first Christmas songs I heard for the season was the song with the chorus "ring Christmas bells"--where the choir sings in unison and then each singer weaves the different verses in a way that sort of blends, but at the same time drown one another out.

While listening to it and fighting back the start of a migraine, I remembered someone trying to describe to me what hearing voices was like. This person said that sometimes the voices spoke in unison, with a common theme/argument. Other times, they spoke all at the same time, trying to drown one another out. I wonder if it sounded anything like this song.

For the most part I love Christmas music. I have a huge collection of different artists and varied interpretations of the many classics. This song however is not one that I have ever enjoyed. I do however enjoy seeing an older cast of comediennes from SNL make fun of it.

4 Comments:

  • I'm sorry about your migraine. I have dealt with those for years. Not as much lately, thank goodness.
    I love Christmas music too. We have a radio station that starts playing only Christmas music around the beginning of November. I am still not tired of listening to it.
    xo
    LA

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 6:24 PM  

  • I haven't heard this song, now I want to haha crazy

    I love Christmas music our local station is playing it daily til Christmas so I like that! :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 4:22 PM  

  • I don't know that Christmas song you are referring too but I tend to tune most of them out anyway. As far as the voices in your head I just always listen to the loudest one.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 1:43 AM  

  • Come on Shife Christmas music is GREAT!!! :)

    What did you think about the Mountaineers going to the Gator Bowl?

    By Blogger Phats, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home