Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, December 11, 2009

Slow Down, You Will Cause An Accident

I have never understood why people go faster than the speed limit. Yesterday I witnessed two accidents waiting to happen. Accident waiting to happen number one was some guy in a flatbed truck weaving his way in and out other cars going the speed limit. He was going faster than a flatbed double wide extended truck should be going. Why this man felt the need to go this fast was beyond me. I don't think he was going to the hospital, as he completely by-passed that exit. And it didn't look like he was being chased.

In accident waiting to happen number 2, a woman was on a cell phone, going pretty fast and she turned onto a "do not enter" one way traffic street. I think because she was on her cell phone, probably talking about new shoes (yeah, I know...pretty bad an assumption) she was oblivious to the two do not enter signs that were posted. I saw and heard her come to a screeching halt when she realized what she had done. Afraid that she would smash into me, I stopped my car and waited for her to correct her mistake. She stayed on the phone the whole time.

The only time I think it's fun to go this fast is on some Xbox games. Other than that, I'm scared of going through my windshield face first.

4 Comments:

  • Drivers on cell phones make my slapping hand itch.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 6:59 AM  

  • Driving is one of the most dangerous thing we'll ever do.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 12:48 PM  

  • Oh so true! I almost had an accident the other day. We have lots of crazy drivers here in PA!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 3:54 PM  

  • It is scary how crazy people get when they get behind the wheel of their automobile. Stay safe Angel.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home