Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

New Phone?

I have been considering buying a new phone for a long time. I don't really need one. My Treo works just fine. It still looks fairly new (I haven't dropped it, although with the drop calls I have been tempted to throw it out a window). It basically does everything I need it to do.

I've gone to the cell phone store several times, just to browse. The first time I went, there were so many people there, I left. I didn't want to swim through a crowd to get to a display. The second time I went, I was bombarded by over eager sales people. They were way too aggressive and I'm one to buy something just because someone pitches good sales conversation.

Now I have been a bit hesitant, since one of my friends was bamboozled by sales person who told her she could update without problem. She was then billed later for the complete cost of the phone. I would be that customer that didn't hear the "fine lines" clause spoken under breath and so quickly that it sounded like they've only sneezed or coughed.

Thank goodness that I haven't found a phone that I really really like yet...

2 Comments:

  • I'm more than happy with my Motorola MyCliq Droid phone.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 6:30 PM  

  • i downgraded my phone after it died this past december - and infact, I didnt have a cell the entire month, and when this past January rolled around, I didnt want to even GET a new phone - but I do a lot of driving back and forth here and there, so decided it would be a smart idea.

    However, after living phone free for a month, and not feeling chained to it, I decided to downgrade. I got rid of GPS, music, camera, internet - all it does now is ring, and text. Except, I apparently text so much, that Ive worn out 2 of the buttons almost completely.....so maybe downgradign wasnt the best idea, becuase now I need another new phone, and its only been 6 months.

    so my advise is to wait until you find one that you really love, and not just rush into it - you want your relationship with your new phone to last more than 6 months....

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home