Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, February 15, 2010

Good Idea

On Saturday I heard one of the worst commercial promises. The announcer said something like "your loved one will think you spent hours picking out this gift". Hours to pick out something that they were selling. The announcer said that they would carefully gift wrap and the presentation itself would be breath taking.

Does this loved one not listen to the radio or watch television? Because if not, then yeah, this loved one would think that you carefully and wrapped this gift in a breath taking manner. But if the do listen to the radio or watch television, then your gift just ends up looking cheesy.

So did anyone get anything good for Valentine's Day? Did you get a gift you won't forget, or one that was marketed so that you'd think she/he spent many hours picking out this perfect token of affection?

7 Comments:

  • I got my better half a bonsai plant, flowers die in a week, I won't buy flowers.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 8:23 PM  

  • I will keep this blog PG rated but lets just say I got a pretty good gift from my wife haha :)

    Have you seen that commercial I think it was around Christmas that was like give the gift of a mammogram. My Wife told me if I got her that she'd shoot me!

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:29 PM  

  • Well it was not one me and the wife will remember forever but it was still a nice one. Her sister babysat the little man while we went to a movie so it was nice to spend some quality time with the Mrs.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 10:25 PM  

  • I got nada which is exactly what I wanted since I also gave nada.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:36 PM  

  • Thanks for the Boiler Up! :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:42 PM  

  • Hey your Mountaineers are looking GOOD

    By Blogger Phats, at 7:22 PM  

  • Happy Spring :)!
    xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home