Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Double Negatives

Aren't there some actions that cancel out one another? The other day, I saw someone working out, and chewing tobacco at the same time. I thought at first he was carrying around a drink. It turned out he was using the cup as a spitoon (sp?--I don't know how to spell this word). Isn't the whole point of working out to get healthy? It's like those guys who go running, only to smoke and drink later (I'm not calling out any of my buddies--but you know who you are).

I've also seen people order a huge meal (large fries, large sandwich) and then order a diet drink. WTF? All that grease and then you are going to save calories on the drink? Yeah, it's a start for many. Personally I don't like soda. This doesn't make me a better person. However it does make me less hyper. Many who know me personally know that every bit of sugar denial helps to keep my energy level in check.

The worse action is those who text and drive. This may be fodder for another blog entry. You are wearing a seat belt (always a good thing), driving the speed limit, but then you play with your phone. Never a good thing to play with the phone and drive. Heck, I'm not good with walking and talking on the phone at the same time. When I do use the phone in the car, it's always with a headset/blue-tooth device.

Anyone else know any double negatives?

6 Comments:

  • HA i can't believe you saw someone working out and chewing at the same time, I personally find that habit disgusting.

    I wish I didn't like Soda it's my biggest crutch I drink it all the time.

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:08 AM  

  • I"m not no gonna say anything about no double negatives. Ok, that was just bad grammer. I suppose when we do things like that we are hoping that the good will cancel out the bad and that it all evens out in the end. I do however had a tendency to text and drive. I don't however do this while obeying the speed limit. It is usually while I am traveling 80-85 miles an hour down the freeway. The funny thing about texting and driving is that I seem to do it more now that they have passed a law that states it is illegal to text and drive. Maybe I am just rebeling against society. I dunno. Thanks for commenting on my blog by the way. This was a great post.

    By Blogger Cece, at 12:21 AM  

  • I've watched people work themselves to death to earn money, and then gamble it away in seconds.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:56 PM  

  • There are a lot of dummies out there that is for sure. And I used to be one of them. Back when I did chew tobacco, I would go running with a chew in my mouth. I know it is beyond ridiculous and I have no idea why but I did it and it was dumb.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 9:21 PM  

  • I am one of those who will order a significant meal, with a diet soda.
    I take the diet soda not because of any supposed virtue, but because I don't care for the sugar soda.
    Also, I don't like to have a sweet aftertaste in my mouth.
    I personally am aghast at texting and driving at the same time - even phoning and driving. I am very serious in not doing these things, because other people are depending on me, and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone through my selfishness.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • Check stopping by and saying hi.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home