Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weather

It's been so unbelievably hot today. Scorching. Probably not scorching or uncomfortable for anyone who lives in tropical weather, but for me, it's uncomfortable. I've never been a fan of tropical weather. Never liked going to the beach (I don't like sand...and I'm terrified of sharks--but I'm also fascinated by them too). So whenever my family would whoop and yell to go to the beach, always outnumbered, I went gritting my teeth.

I'm not sure what destination would be my perfect vacation. I've been to many big cities--Chicago, New York, Vegas, Los Angeles, Houston...and while they are fun for a few days, I always come back more tired than when I left. This is probably true for those coming back from any vacation. You spend all your time trying to cram in all sights and activities in approximately one week, give or take a few travel days/hours and you are left exhausted. I'm not sure that visiting a big city could constitute a vacation for me...maybe just a get away.

Although I'm in need of a vacation, I don't know where I would go...I'm going to have to think about this for awhile.

9 Comments:

  • There's always Amarillo.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:57 PM  

  • You always feel like you need a vacation after you get home from a vacation. Wherever you decide to vacation have a good one.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 1:18 AM  

  • You should come to Indiana, Nutz, Kristen, and I will show you around haha :0) Although we are going thru some great heat right now as well, calling for upper 90's all week. I am a fan of that.

    Good luck finding a great vacation destination

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:01 PM  

  • China

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:37 PM  

  • So have you chosen a vacation destination yet?

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:55 AM  

  • What is happening? Have a great Fourth of July.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:24 AM  

  • Try Toronto, plenty of live theatre and shopping. We have a beach too!

    Speaking of Sharks - vote for Shark Condos at www.nameourcondo.com

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 12:17 PM  

  • We went to Key West for our honeymoon back in April and it was super awesome but I feel like I already need another vacation. I really want to go to Costa Rica!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 8:47 AM  

  • Hopefully you're on some amazing vacation!

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home