Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smile....Someone May Need It

The old adage about smiling making someones day--there is one out there and I know if I try to quote it, it won't come out right--is true.

I was having a lousy day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Didn't get enough sleep and woke up with a headache to top it all off. Needless to say, my morning didn't start off too well. Nothing happened at work--it was just another day (actually the part of the day that I do enjoy). But all day long I just didn't feel right. Have you ever had one of those days when your mood is left of center, but you can't pinpoint why? This was the day I was having.

After work, I stopped off at a grocery store and while I was searching a shelf for something needed, I heard a voice say "how you doing"? Without taking my eyes off the shelf (lest I lose my place and forget what brand/item I was looking for) I politely but not genuinely replied "fine, and you". The person replied "Can't complain...and why should I...just take the day as it comes and it will all be okay". I turned and look at this person, who was smiling while continuing the conversation. A nice genuine smile. Maybe they had to greet each customer as required by the job, but the smile was genuine. And for some reason, the smile made my day.

I would not be able to pick this person out of a crowd now. But their smile was contagious. After that minute interaction, I was alright. The headache gone and I felt like smiling for the rest of the day. Still smiling now as I write this post.

Have a good night everyone.

6 Comments:

  • That is nice.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 6:24 PM  

  • that is great! A smile can do wonders

    btw I call those days where my mood is left of center weekdays :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 4:07 PM  

  • Awesome. Nice post Angel. Hope you have a good weekend.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:22 PM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving Angel Jr!! Hope it's a great one Gobble til ya Wobble :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:04 AM  

  • thank you!
    even i was smiling while reading...
    had taken a break in the mid of my exam preparation...n it refreshed me...plus m listening some songs..so its all nice. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 AM  

  • thank you!
    even i was smiling while reading...
    had taken a break in the mid of my exam preparation...n it refreshed me...plus m listening some songs..so its all nice. :)

    By Blogger Emerald, at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home