Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

I watched this movie today, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, quite interesting and comedic. The storyline is the building of friendship between two unlikely travelers as they try to make their way home for Thanksgiving. The come upon all kinds of mishaps as they travel.

It made me think of many of the friendships that I have made throughout my life. I mean no one knows how long many of their friendships will last and no one really knows how the lasting ones really began. For instance, my friend Saritha and I met while studying for our medical boards. Although we didn't talk a lot while at Rutherford, we ended up building a friendship through phone calls and email. We did have a lot of fun one night talking about the beer cops and dormitory rules--there was a gosh awful 2 a.m. fire drill. I thought it was my roommates phone and she and her friends were celebrating something. Anyway, we ended the night cracking up about the drill that started our conversation. Out of 160 something people, who'd have thought we'd end up forging a relationship? It isn't like it is unlikely that we would have become friends. But just that we did. I'm ever thankful that we had a firedrill.

Now to the point of my story. I never quite get there and I'm sure when I hit the "publish post" button, I will have thought of something more clever to say or something else to add. Friendships are just that--a journey of some sort--sometimes the vehicle breaksdown, therefore get your lazy ass out of the seat and check the engine out. It's going to happen. Just make sure you fix it before anything else breaks. There are never two people who can't form a relationship, no matter how unlikely. Everyone can use a friend.

Thank you guys for blessing my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home