Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Teen Pregnancy Again?

I was flipping through the channels yesterday and whizzed by the Maury show. Again, his topic had something to do with pregnancy--this time, teen pregancy and girls who wanted to get pregnant because they wanted a baby or teen girls who were already pregnant. Well Maury, this is quite a change from your paternity test shows. Is there not a bettter topic out there? I know that teen pregnancy is horrific and so are deadbeat dads, but come on, with so much going on in the world and the respect that you've commanded before as a journalist, there's got to be a more newsworthy topic that you can cover.

It seems like every time I whizz by the Maury show, some boy is yelling "I told you I wasn't the father..." or "What do you mean, he/she isn't my child?". Enough already. But I guess since the show is on the air, someone is interested in that sort of drama. I think it's like the Springer show. How many times can you see people slap each other, or love triangles with toothless neighbors? But somehow, ratings are high. And people will continue to watch these shows. I just proved that I watch them, I dedicated a blog entry to them.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home