Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Baby It's Cold Outside

We had our first snow on Monday. Loved it!!!! I actually look forward to the snow. Everything looks so pure and clean, when covered with the stuff. This is until the wind blows it off the tree branches and traffic churns it with the underlying mud. But until then, it's a winter wonderland.

I watched "Elf" for the first time about a week ago. Great movie!!!! Will Ferrell is hilarious as an accidently adopted North Pole elf, who goes in search of his real father. One of my favorite scenes from the movie is his singing along with another character of the song "Baby It's Cold Out There". I liked the duet so much that I bought the album. However, in my haste and excitement, I didn't check the credits and when I played the song, it wasn't Will Ferrell singing but some other guy. It bummed me out, cause although the girl from the movie sings the song well, the guy doesn't do such an upbeat rendition. But the song is fantastic none-the-less.

My extended family will be coming in for Christmas. So last night, I decided to help my mother wrap some of the gifts. I wrapped 36 or so gifts. Wow, how those busy elves must feel. But it was fun, sorting out the shopping treasures and trying to remember what my mother bought for who. And of course, all these pretty bows and paper, will be torn on in no less than 3 seconds, by eager recipients. But for now, it looks nice under the tree.

A Happy Birthday to my medical school buddy Dr. Jonathan Cortes!!! Happy Birthday buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home