Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Frown, The Flip Side

I know that lately my blog entries have all been kinda sour--a huge whining complaint, one after the other, like a bitter old man who doesn't return the baseballs that accidently get hit into their yards.

So I've decided that for a few entries at least, I won't gripe, but write about things that make me happy, things that I've realized have blessed my life.

Yesterday I was sitting in church praying and it dawned on me how lucky I am to have friends. This thought was then reinforced when my friend Saritha called last night to talk to me. I've realized that when I want to laugh, I've got quite a few friends to call. When I want to have lunch, again, I can call someone. More importantly, when I'm emotionally exhausted or just a little weary, I've got an even longer list of friends to choose from. It really makes me wonder how a person can come to a point in their lives when they don't "need" someone. The truth is, we all need our friends, our family and personal companions. Emotionally unloading, in the form of laughter or tears, is beneficial to our whole psyche.

Our personal relationships are the "spice" of life. Without it, everything would just be bland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home