Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, November 04, 2005

Magic Stick

My father, being the gadget freak that he is, recently purchased a karaoke singing gadget ironically called "Magic Stick". I say ironic because there is nothing magic about it. If it were magic, it would disappear or at least change the tone deaf users into somewhat bearable singers. This came in the mail yesterday and is pretty simple to work. One can just attach it to the television and then look thru this book for a song. The music is already stored in the "stick" and the microphone has numbers like a telephone on it. Just punch in the corresponding number of the song, and poof--the lyrics appear on screen along with images of chicks riding horses and many, many views of the Grand Canyon (especially with the cheesy Barry Manilow love songs). My father and mother enjoyed this gadget for a good 3 hours yesterday. Oh yes, it not only comes with one magic stick, but a wireless one as well--so my mother and father were a duet, even when Mom was in the kitchen cooking rice.

I'm sure I'll be borrowing the Magic Stick sometime in future, for the pleasure of any house guests I may have!!!

12 Comments:

  • My friends all enjoy doing karaoke, so I can imagine what its all about. The background scenes never seem to match up to the song and people sound so bad singing without the real singer helping out. So funny.

    By Blogger Luke, at 10:25 AM  

  • This is a serious threat to the new video iPod. Steve Jobs must be worried sick.

    By Blogger Wriju, at 2:22 PM  

  • MUST GET THE MAGIC STICK.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 2:32 PM  

  • Yes, please tell us more of this Magic Stick. I think I know the perfect place for it in my home.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 4:04 PM  

  • a new option for a christmas present!

    By Blogger x, at 7:46 PM  

  • Oh man that's awesome! I think if you and I did a duet, we'd get loads of applause and flowers!!! We'd be the next Sonny and Cher.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 PM  

  • We do not sing in my house..Even in the shower ha ha

    Nice blog..I just found you and have enjoyed what you have written

    By Blogger Patty, at 10:16 AM  

  • I only sing under the influence of lots of red wine...I'm glad I wasn't near the Magic Stick last night...lordy...

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 2:27 PM  

  • HEY! Great Blog Site!

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 5:33 PM  

  • I'm holding the magic stick right now. What's that?

    Karaoke? Sorry.

    By Blogger T. Leach, at 1:25 PM  

  • oooohhh it sounds like a talking stick. Only the person holding it is allowed to sing. I want one.

    By Blogger ziggystardust73, at 5:28 AM  

  • Karaoke ! - I need a magic stick now !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home