Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Meet Me at the Flagpost

Out of sheer boredom and because I was at my cousin's house listening to the drivel that real grown up adults have, I wandered into the TV room and proceeded to watch whatever was on. Since my cousin has two different types of satellite television, one being "The Filipino" channels, I just watched whatever station was left on. There were too many remote controls to manuever and also too many channels to sift through. My head was reeling from the adult talk and I was in hibernation mode because of the incredibly large meal of ribs, roast beef with steamed veggies and gravy, and chocolate truffle ice cream. So I literally just stared at the screen.

My niece had left it on "One Tree Hill" whilst she took a "very important" phone call in the next room. Pretty interesting, except for the fact that these 25 year old people were trying to pull off being characters in high school. Due to the complex dialogue, I had thought they were in college or maybe one year post-grad. Lets face it, the vocabulary these "teenagers" use--very mind boggling. I only knew most of those words for the English vocabulary test and once they were used for that exam, my brain was left void of their existence. The scene I happened upon was a very touching heartfelt moment between a mother and daughter walking through a park--until they got into a fight over an article the mother had written. This girl accused the mother of fraudulent behavior and then told her to "Go To Hell". After this somewhat adult scene--she ran home to put on her cheerleading outfit and held cheerleading tryouts.

My niece then told me that the premise of the show was about two brothers who went to the same school. Only these brothers had different mothers. One brother was sired during high school prom, the other brother sired when the father went away to college. The legitimate brother got to live in a big house at the address One Tree Hill. The other brother lived a mediocre life (although he has expensive clothes) on the other side of town--his mom didn't get to go to college because she was pregnant. Anyway, these brothers didn't know the other existed until high school basketball tryouts. And so the rivalry begins....

Did anyone have those grown-up problems in high school? Did anyone else have their own fully furnished apartment in high school? Did anyone have that much sex in high school? And did anyone ever find a naked rival cheerleader in their backseat?

I'm definitely tuning in next week to see what happened to the naked rival cheerleader (who got slapped by a jealous girlfriend--see there was even bitch slapping. If I were the director, they would have gotten into a rolling on top of one another fight).

10 Comments:

  • That's not the highschool I remember. Sounds more of 'Days of our Lives' than a typical American school. Perhaps I just lucked out on all the excitement.

    By Blogger Luke, at 11:40 AM  

  • Due to the above advertisements, I had no choice but to turn on the security system of "word verification". I hope it works as well as ADT does on my home.

    By Blogger JM, at 11:41 AM  

  • Wow. Sounds exactly like my high school days. Oh wait... no, it doesn't at all. Well, except for the whole naked cheerleader part.

    Thanks for the comments man, I'm gonna stick you on the ol' blogroll.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • I guess if I went back to high school when I was 25 that stuff could happen. Just imagine if you knew what you did at 25 when you were 16 or 17. Oh the possibilities.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:29 PM  

  • I did some crazy things in high school, but who doesn't? Some of which shall be included in our screenplay! I'd give some expamples, but I wouldn't want anyone to steal our ideas!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • I can see I wasted my teenage years----my life was nowhere as interesting as all that.

    Then again, less drama is GOOD when you're a teenager... :)

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 9:08 PM  

  • Is that what "One Tree Hill" is about? Skankalicious. I had no idea. Thanks for elucidating!

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 9:35 PM  

  • Wiat. How *exactly* did they figure out they were long lost brothers during basketball? And what did they mother/father say about all this? Or do they still not know?

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 9:36 PM  

  • Please keep us posted on this "One Tree Hill".

    By Blogger Skye, at 10:49 PM  

  • Hi Anhoni, I'm not sure how they found out. My nieces filled me in on "everything" I had missed by not watching the first season. But everybody in the town knows they are brothers. And I guess it was no secret since the father mocks the one boy.

    Luke, I completely agree, definitely not the high school I remember. I had a uniform, so I didn't get to wear all the designer duds they wore.

    By Blogger JM, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home