Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, November 07, 2005

Musical Requests

My f riend and I were talking about Delilah and her radio station. We always seem to find humor in the call requests and even joke that one day she and I were going to call in and dedicate something cheesy to each other.

Anyway, this got me thinking. Most of the music that gets played are slow love songs with flowery lyrics backed up by flutes, harps, violins and piano solos. I was wondering if I called in and said I would like to dedicate a song to a potential one night stand, maybe something like 50 cent's "Candy Shop". Do you think Delilah would even have that song in her library? Would it be beside her Josh Groban or Jim Brickman CD? Would she even entertain a call about one night stands? It seems to me that she only takes calls in which she could also tell the audience about her own life, because every call she takes, she turns back on herself and the call becomes about Delilah's own experiences.

It reminded me of a time my medical school buddies and I were in a lounge (how we ended up there, only the earlier shots of tequila can tell you). This lounge singer was taking requests--she asked that we write them down on a napkin and send them up via waiter. Many of the first requests were boring and I guess we were bored but wanted to drink our "cover charge" worth (our money was redeemed in drinks--another baffling phenomenon to me--wasted as we were agreed to pay a cover charge. I'm thinking the bouncer was a topless chick). So my buddy Ryan wrote down "Freak on a Leash" by Korn and sent it up. The lounge singer was not impressed. You could see her blood boil and she immediately looked at our table (was it obvious we didn't belong) and stated that she was in no mood for badly played jokes. Needless to say, we weren't allowed to drink the rest of our gin and tonics.

Does anyone know if Delilah has the 50 cent CD in her collection?

I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop,
Go 'head girl don't you stop,
Keep going til you hit the spot.
50 cent from the album "The Massacre"

9 Comments:

  • People complain that they only ever play the same thing over and over on the radio.. but when they have "request hours" all the people ever request are the same darn songs. We can't win.

    By Blogger Luke, at 12:54 PM  

  • "Deliiiiiiiilahhhhh"

    I love that chick.

    I don't know about 50, but I'm almost positive she's got a little Too Short buried in there somewhere.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  

  • ohhhhh.... Now I have that sing-songy "Delilah" in my head...
    You know, she may very well have some 50 cent in her arsenal... she busts out some crazy stuff sometimes... or maybe that's Dr. Joy Brown... or maybe I don't want to admit to knowing these radio personalities.

    By Blogger Not this time, at 4:44 PM  

  • these lyrics are xxx

    By Blogger x, at 5:28 PM  

  • hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! your post made me laugh because i HATE delilah! if you ever do this, please record it and send it to me. i would be forever grateful. i think you may have to call in and say something about how your mom is dying from some rare blood disorder and you are going to give her all of your blood or something, but then when you get on the air with her, wham! one night stand her! she's a single mom isn;t she? she may relate more than you think. Deliiah. That sappy songwhore Slut.

    By Blogger cher, at 5:41 PM  

  • I have no idea who Delilah is. Am I no longer cool?

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:56 PM  

  • If she doesn't have 50 cent, go with plan "B" scenario:

    Hi Dellilah,
    I met my wife 10 years ago when I was in the navy stationed in the philippines at Subic Bay. I was fresh out of school and she was suddenly in front of me dancing on my table. I ended up marrying this dancer after she had my son and we're now living happily in Mesquite Texas enjoying each other as if it was just yesterday she table danced. I'd like you to dedicate the following song that describes her spirit and vivacity for life so incredibly well. Delilah would you please play "Superfreak" by Rick James, and Thank you.

    By Blogger Walter, at 10:08 PM  

  • Oh the horror..what have we done?! I can't wait to dedicate the cheese:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

  • hey Angel, Tahnks for stopping by my blog man! I have no idea what the nether hell you all are talking about here, but hey...i have been ignorant before, and i am not in strange territory being ignorant again. that said, cheers to you and everyone here.

    Word of advice-Watch out for Cher. She is a WILD Canuck! She likes skipoles! (Ask her-She will kill me, but go ahead and ask!)

    By Blogger twolf1920, at 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home