Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, March 24, 2006

Shows To Rest Your Mind

Last night after some grueling neuro-anatomy, I turned on the boob-tube. Literally, the first show I happened upon was for boobs.

The show was for the best inventions. Really, what are some people thinking? How did this show make it past the cutting room. How'd it make it past brainstorming? Some of the inventions included lingerie that wrapped around someone like a ribbon, this table ball game where you used your elbows and a doll that reassured the owner that everything was going to be alright (minus the Bob Marley music). This show was so ridiculous, I had to restudy everything I had previously reviewed yesterday because my brain went into complete meltdown.

The other show I watched this week was a reality show about people being locked underground in some bunker. These people had to decide who deserved 1.5 million dollars. Let's face it, they are going to be down there for 10 seasons, cause no one is going to just give that money away. Like the bunker, this show should have remained buried.

It reminds me of another brain fart. That show with the guy Mark (he's owner of something, I think it's a sports team) who was going to give away 1 million of his dollars to the person who did the most tricks for him (not prostitution, but little tasks that he thought would bring out their real character). It's much like The Apprentice, but without style, character, or creativity.

Why have I written about television shows without content? Because I have nothing else to write about. Have a good weekend.

14 Comments:

  • I think 'reality' TV is a sign that western civilization as we know it will soon end.

    Think blood sports in Rome's Coliseeum (that can't be spelt correctly, but I'm too lazy tonight to look it up, even on-line).

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 2:31 AM  

  • I need to watch televesion more so I have some crap to write about, too. Instead of the crap I normally write :-)

    By Blogger missy, at 8:50 AM  

  • TV used to be funny and interesting. Now it's just mind-numbing...

    By Blogger JJ, at 10:22 AM  

  • I think there's a lesson in here somewhere for you, Angel, Jr.

    You were studying neuroanatomy. You watched the telly. Your synapses fizzled out and your gyri unraveled.

    Ergo, telly and brain don't mix.

    Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

    (Huh. My word verification was 'ultac'.)

    By Blogger Cheshire Cat, at 11:13 AM  

  • I think the American Inventor is a great premise, since I enjoy science and inventions. I work a lot with patents in my job, so I've always found it funny to see what goofy gadgets are actually patented.

    However, just like American Idol, they focus only on the bad inventions (since Simon Cowell is the producer of this Inventor show).

    The other reality show is that guy that owned Virgin (i.e. Virgin records).

    I think that reality shows are on it's final leg, as we've run out of ideas.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 2:29 PM  

  • Hello, Angel!! Sorry I have been absent for quite sometime.......you know my situation. (things are getting harder by the way, hence me not stopping by my blogger friends' blogs).

    I never really got into most of the reality tv show idea for all the reasons you created this post! The shows you meantioned do sound rediculous though! It makes you wonder how people are honestly getting paid all that money to come up with these ideas.....and yet I could come up with something way better, and look where I am!! :) Either way - Que Sera Sera.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 PM  

  • I rarely watch those reality tv shows anymore. I swear most of the bring out the worst in people

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 4:35 PM  

  • I watched the bunker show and initially thought the same thing but then found myself sucked in like a brainless moron....stupid boob tube.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 7:59 PM  

  • Boob tube is a good word. I was a boob for a while. Then one day it exploded...hehehehe! "They're heeeere!" Bizzare way to cleanse a bad habit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 PM  

  • see what i mean television is a vice and alienating. i'm going to go television free soon because c span and pbs are the only shows i like and i can get those on podcast.

    did you ever read the article in slate magazine?

    By Blogger Kyle Foley, at 1:55 AM  

  • I tried watching both of those shows...I couldn't get through them. I turned each of them off within minutes of the start.

    Keep up the good workouts...run, and lift, and pull and bend! YAY....way to go!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 2:48 AM  

  • You know, I sometimes watch those shows where they're giving away prize money for doing stupid things, but usually what I think is that there has to be a less humiliating way to make that much money.
    Have a great weekend, Angel!

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 2:30 PM  

  • The underground bunker show seems insanely stupid and I haven't dared to watch the invention one either...I agree. I think we could write something much more entertaining.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 3:37 PM  

  • That is why they call it an idiot box.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home