Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Just A Song

Today I was driving and blasting the radio. I find Rihanna's song "Shut-Up And Drive" very catchy and I was bouncing along to it (well bouncing without looking like a dork to anyone driving beside me). Mostly I was bouncing in my head with the occasional knee and toe tapping movement.

Suddenly I heard sirens. I thought WTF? Did I run a stop sign, I know there wasn't one on that corner unless they recently put it up. Did I go past the speed limit, highly unlikely--since I don't speed, not even accidentally. I bet it was because I was playing that song too loud and the tasteful music guards were on the lookout. I looked in my rear view mirror and no one was behind me. I looked to the side, no one was beside me.

It was then I realized it was just the song. Had my heartbeat going there for a second. But my anti-perspirant held up!

12 Comments:

  • Haha... remember Roz Zombie's song Thunderkiss '65? It has sirens at the start that got me a few times.

    By Blogger Scott, at 10:59 PM  

  • ha, ive done that before too. it is indeed a catchy tune! hope you're doing well stranger.

    By Blogger megabrooke, at 7:32 AM  

  • We worry about you, dude. :D

    By Blogger Aaron, at 9:06 AM  

  • I hate when that happens! Makes your heart race.

    By Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist, at 12:02 PM  

  • hey! that happened to me too! except i was like...whatever...pass me then if it's such an emergency dumb ass.

    By Blogger cher, at 3:17 PM  

  • sirens should be outlawed in songs.

    I'm always checking my phone when some songs come on becuase they have noises that sound like my ring tone.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 8:42 PM  

  • hahah...I have done that very same thing. I even turn down the radio. Oops...it was the song.
    hahah....I am laughing with you and at me!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 9:19 PM  

  • HAHA i have done that before too, to the gretchen wilson song. I turned my radio wayyy down and realized what it was.

    I like that song too, so you weren't cruising to Umbrella, ella ella ella

    By Blogger Phats, at 9:47 PM  

  • sure your anti-perspirant held up, but did your bladder?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • you listen to rhianna? ah, i think i'm in love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • I have added your Mountaineers to my picks!

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:46 AM  

  • LOL

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home