Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, December 10, 2007

Insomnia

So the last week or so I've had really bad insomnia. What I Got So Far has posted about his in several posts and I'm an avid reader of his blog. Maybe I caught a case of it as a result of his thought provoking prose. I'll just blame him because it's easier to blame than to diagnose a real cause. I'm not awake because I'm thinking about anything stressful. Well, I am thinking of a few things, but nothing that should keep me up at night. So let's just say that his few posts concerning insomnia have seeped into my sleep center.

I've tried many things to get myself to sleep. I've even put the television in my room on TV Land--late at night. There are shows like Andy Griffith, Three's Company (no digs at you Egg. I know you loved this show) and Designing Women which only have air time after midnight. All of these shows should induce comas right? Maybe it's the light flickering in a dark room or the phony sounding laugh tracks that keep me from slumber. I'm not sure, but this channel doesn't help me to count sheep.

Let's see, the point of my posts was not really about the insomnia. I was going to write that as a side effect of insomnia and trying to find ways to knock myself out, I had the channel on TV Land. Last night I heard the word nudist colony on an episode of Designing Women so I cracked open my eye to peep. And no, I was not expecting to see any sort of nudity on a wholesome family sit-com. There really wasn't anything to see, they just talked about the nudity more than show it. I was interested to hear why this show was using the words nudist colony in the first place.

But this got me thinking about the documentaries I've seen about nudist colonies. The HBO reality show Real Sex has on occasion mentioned or shown some nudist colonies. This show is real and it's about sex, but it doesn't do real sex and justice. Mostly it shows wrinkled overweight people giving advice about orgasms. I'm wondering if the Playboy mansion is the only place where nudity involves really hot girls and not hairy hippies or retired voyeurs.

This is an effect of my insomnia--incoherent babbling.

16 Comments:

  • Incoherent babbling, I know it well my friend.

    Does your TV have a sleep function?

    ~wigsf

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

  • I think if Nudist colonies actually had hot people living there, they would grow and grow.

    Have you tried sleeping pills?

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:37 PM  

  • Yep, I've written more than a few posts in a sleep deprived state, and when sleep plays hide-and-go-seek with my brain.

    Sometimes, getting up and remaiking the bed and fluffing the pillows helps recalciatrant Sleep to join me, but if all forms of persuasion fail, then I get up and catch up on my e-mails or something. At least it turns into productive time.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 4:51 PM  

  • Drink heavily, and you will be asleep in no time.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:00 PM  

  • "Mostly it shows wrinkled overweight people giving advice about orgasms."

    And thus completely summarizes the only Real Sex episode I've ever seen. I truly wanted to claw my eyes out but opted to change the channel instead.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 10:31 AM  

  • I'll show you voyeurism!

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 9:37 AM  

  • "Mostly it shows wrinkled overweight people giving advice about orgasms"...hahahahaha! My dear, you're the best at witty comments! I saw a couple of those episodes--it makes me feel like a nun since I have no such life at the moment. I'm not ashamed to say it!
    Anyway, you know how much I suffered with insomnia. I tried all the tricks in the world. You know it's not a bad thing to resort to medication. Sleep is crucial! Now are you sure that you're not anxious about something? It's the anxiety that caused me to have the "I can't get no sleep" routine. Check out the song by Faithless! Just don't become a boob tube addict like I did during the Salem days.
    By the way, I also had very little sleep this week. I'm tired as hell. Why didn't you call??!! Oh but then I'd keep you up all night..Good luck with the zzzs

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:44 AM  

  • if i didn't have insomnia, i wouldn't get anything done ever.

    By Blogger cher, at 1:00 PM  

  • I've been having this issue all week and it's driving me crazy!!!!!

    Wish you better luck than i'm having.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:05 PM  

  • It is strange that Playboy hasn't done a hairy hippies issue?

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 3:37 PM  

  • One of my life goals is to one day get invited to a party at the Playboy mansion. I'm not sure any authors get that famous but I wanna try and then there will be a fat overweight hairy guy at the mansion. But I look wicked hot in a red velvet smoking jacket.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:55 PM  

  • Hey Angel, hope you get through the insomnia ... it's a horrible thing !!
    Sorry I haven't been around lately, but I just wanted to drop by to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy new Year. Catch you next year, take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 4:03 PM  

  • I have never been as lucky as you when I have insomnia. I usually end up watching info-mercials thinking I would fall fast asleep, then they start getting interesting. I hope you get some sleep soon!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 10:52 PM  

  • I hope I never get Insomnia I love sleep wayyy too much to get that. I don't get TV Land wish I did because Nick At Nite sucks balls now.

    BTW I read a King book called Insomnia it was pretty creepy

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:28 PM  

  • I haven't been sleeping too good lately myself, but I have been sick.
    I hope you are sleeping better now.
    Have a safe and merry Christmas!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 9:34 PM  

  • Insomnia must be awful ... I'm sorry to hear your news. May sweet slumber come your way.

    I can recommend some of my writings to be sure to put you to sleep ... Zzzzzzz.

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home