Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, January 25, 2008

Maybe It Was Cold Out

I just embarassed myself in the most unusual way. Maybe it's not big deal, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe I'm just a dork.

Yesterday I went to work out at the gym. It was a pretty good workout too because my arms are still a little sore.

Anyway, as I was leaving the gym one of the members started talking to me. He was talking about another gym that was opening up and maybe it would be newer and have more amenities and all that other gym talk stuff. Afterwards, on my way home, I decided that I should just get some groceries.

I walked into the grocery store and decided this would be the day that I would start eaing better. I bought yougurt for breakfast, I bought whole wheat bread and roasted turkey. No mayo to put on the sandwich, but I purchased mustard instead. I bought granola bars for snacks and for rewards I bought those little 100 calorie packs of goodies.

I noticed that people were staring at my basket (yeah I hate pushing around a cart, so I get one of those little blue baskets). I was wondering if it was because it had all those healthy foods in there. Even when I went to pay for the groceries the cashier stared at me. As I pulled out my wallet and grabbed the cash. I realized why people were staring. I had forgotten to take off my work-off gloves!!

I have been wearing these gloves while I filled up for gas and also shopped at the grocery store. So maybe my excuse was I was chilly. Dammit that excuse doesn't fly in the state of sunshine!!

14 Comments:

  • O c'mon now I know it's just becaue you're starting a new trend!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • LOL- But I am sure there are a whole lot of people who wear stranger stuff then that!
    Or maybe they thought you were one of them "germaphobe" types- you never know what you could pick up from those shopping baskets ;)

    By Blogger Pixie, at 10:28 PM  

  • Admit you wore them because they made you feel like Lou Ferrigno

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 9:17 AM  

  • LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahaha
    dork ;)

    By Blogger cher, at 1:29 PM  

  • Ah, it's nothing.

    Now if you'd forgotten to put your pants on, that would be different.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 9:14 PM  

  • LOL you stud ;o)

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 4:12 PM  

  • That's not so bad at all.

    At least you had your fly up & your shirt buttoned...I've gone shopping with my shirt tucked in the back of my panties & I didn't even notice for 3 aisles...so...it coulda been worse.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:09 AM  

  • hehe
    you know though
    they say the number one place for picking up the worst germs are shopping cart handles(push cart)

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 8:41 PM  

  • Well aren't you Billy Bad Ass. :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 9:26 PM  

  • How funny. I usually get stares at the grocery store because I forget to take off my fishnet gloves after I finish my aerobic striptease with Carmen Electra.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 9:58 PM  

  • If that's as strange as your clothes get, you're fine. Odd, but fine.

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 10:11 AM  

  • You could've pulled it off if you had a cape.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 9:34 PM  

  • mr.shife, i full on fake love you so much it hurts.oh, and BTW, fancy meeting you here. we always seem to meet here...i guess it's because angel is so funny~isn't angel funny?~and not some bizarre coinkydink of the universe. ahhh.. i'm starting to think this is fake fate.

    By Blogger cher, at 2:30 AM  

  • yes, swweet sweet full on, non exsistant, completely made up fate. virtually speaking.

    hey angel, remember back in the day when you too used to comment to our comments? good times...good times.

    By Blogger cher, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home