Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Resolutions

How did the idea of New Years resolutions get started? And how did it become part of my New Year's Eve routine? Every year I make resolutions and every year by the 10th or 20th, I break them. Well this year is a new record, I've broken them all by today.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to eat more healthy. Well, we can axe that one. Last night while catching up on email, I managed to eat a king sized Butterfinger. I had all but licked the wrapper by the time I had finished it.

And I am suppose to exercise more. I still have to get to the gym. So that one is broken.

And I'm suppose to read more books and watch less television. There is nothing on television to watch anyway--remember the writer's strike. But yet, I found something to watch last night--it is the DVD of the movie "The Four Feathers". I fell asleep during it, but I do know that it was interesting, up until I did fall asleep. Anyway, there you have it I broke many of my resolutions. I even wrote them down on paper and put them in my Treo to do list.

How is your New Year's going?

10 Comments:

  • Happy New Year!

    Mine's going well so far. Went to the gym once...but will try to keep it up.

    By Blogger Chick, at 1:18 AM  

  • Therein lies a crucial problem with new year's resolutions. You feel like you've failed if you don't get them accomplished within the first week? It's a resolution for the new YEAR man, not the first ten days of the new year. You've got plenty of time, don't cross those things out yet.

    By Blogger Duck, at 8:37 AM  

  • Next year reslove to break you resolutions and therefore you can have succes through failure.

    And hey, Read more books because there are a lot of starving authors out there.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 9:55 AM  

  • HA I used to make resolutions then I would break them like 1 day after so I stopped. Instead I say I am going to ATTEMPT to do this. I want to get back to working out like I did in college, I am getting old you know.

    Have a good one

    By Blogger Phats, at 2:40 PM  

  • There is a writer's strike?

    I wouldn't know. There is hardly any quality programming anyway.

    Don't worry, Angel. Rules were meant to be broken! (Why not resolutions, too?)

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:03 AM  

  • My New Year has been pretty good so far. I'm sleeping better. Can't explain it, just trying not to jinx.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • My resolution is to volunteer at a soup kitchen this year.

    I haven't started it yet, but it doesn't mean I've failed either.

    Duck's right; it is a resolution for the year. Just 'cause you stumble doesn't mean you should fall over.

    Travis offerred some sage advice too.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 2:09 PM  

  • I think you need to follow the Duck's advice. You fell off the wagon but just pick yourself up and get after it again. By the way I think "The Four Feathers" is a pretty good movie so you might want to finish watching it.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 4:12 PM  

  • i resolve to excersize less, eat more crap and completely procrastinate everything. So, i'm actually doing pretty good!

    By Blogger cher, at 8:15 PM  

  • I think it is about a new start. I personally never make them.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home