Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

You Never Really Grow Up

I just thought I would share this fact of life.

My five year old nephew asked for a Nintendo D.S. and a Nerf bow and arrow from Santa. My cousin's sixteen year old also asked for the same thing. When my cousin went over to my sister's house on New Year's Eve, her sixteen year old laughed at the fact that he had asked for the same things as his younger cousin. And that they both were playing their D.S. at the same time.

My sister and cousin laughed about it. I don't really see any irony or any funny little twist. Personally at my age, I think those two things are great gifts. Plus who couldn't use any gadget by Nerf. Those are really fun toys. I remember my first Neft football. I thought it was the greatest toy ever. You could hold onto it much better and I had less fumbles after my friends and I started using it.

That's my story.

11 Comments:

  • I used to have a Nerf bow & arrow. It was amazing. First thing I did was take my old record player that did nothing but spin, placed it atop a pile of chairs, boxes and phone books, placed an old pop can on the turntable and thats where I learned my aim. Then I figured out how to increase the bows power. Tighten the cord by cutting it short and retieing it. I loved my Nerf bow & arrow set.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • They make some kick ass Nerf guns that shoot all kinds of darts. I got one on sale at Target for a kid's birthday. I really almost bought one for ME.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:46 PM  

  • video game systems are ageless ;o)

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:02 PM  

  • hello.. just drop by...

    ah, we always have our childish part deep down in our hearts :)

    By Blogger Ancilla, at 12:38 AM  

  • Nerf is cool - my buddy always got nerf stuff, it always ended up on the roof.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 8:34 PM  

  • heck...I would use the nerf to nail someone in the head and I know plenty of adults who have a DS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

  • Well this thirtysomething male asked for a Nintendo DS from Santa as well. I love it.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:45 PM  

  • I'm going private as of tonight!

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 3:32 PM  

  • I think they should make nerf cars and then wrecks would be no big deal.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:30 PM  

  • I should have asked for a DS for Christmas!

    By Blogger Aaron, at 11:19 AM  

  • Join the club,
    I broke my resolutions too, but I guess that means we have to get back up on the horse

    I'm redoing my link list, and I'm keeping you listed

    my three blogs are

    tkkerouac.blogspot.com private
    tkcensored.blogspot.com
    tkfinderskeepers.blogspot.com

    link me if you wish
    thanks

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home