Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Technology

How much better can things get?

I still have my first iPod--my 30GB 3rd generation iPod. Within 9 months of my purchasing it, they came out with a fourth generation that could hold pictures and also album covers. I was thinking of getting one, but then within a year they came out with the video iPod and then now the iPhone.

I have over two thousand songs downloaded into my iPod. Some of the songs I had downloaded were in an older laptop which is now defunct and so I no longer have copies of the song elsewhere. And I'm not sure if you could transfer music from one ipod to another. So I am very afraid that I would lose some of the music which I got from iTunes.

So anyway, one of my siblings recently purchased a blu-ray disc player. And yes the imagery is incredible!! It's crystal clear!! You can see every grain of sand and every blade of grass in a scene. Very cool. So these gadgets were high priced about a year ago and now are fairly affordable. Does it coming down in price mean that there is some new gadget along the way? How much better can it get? I'm wondering if they will ever create that television that they had on Willy Wonka--the television where you can reach it and grab the candy bar. How cool would that be?

10 Comments:

  • It is incredible, isn't it. Yes, there is a setting on your IPOD to "Use IPOD as storage device" and it then acts just like a hard drive. Search the help for the above. I think it is within the advanced options menu.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:32 PM  

  • To remove music from your iPod and put it on another, there's some third party software. visit ipodlounge.com for guides and how-tos.

    As for me, I've still got my good ol' iPod, 2nd or 3rd gen. Monochrome display, 20GB HD. Currently storing 2930 tracks. I haven't had any problems I couldn't easily correct myself. I see no reason to get another.

    I've used most later iPods (my father has purchased four and my brother 2), I still prefer the good ol' touch wheel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • I'd buy the Wonka TV,
    who knows what will be next...

    welcome to tkcencored.blogspot.com

    I've linked you

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 5:42 PM  

  • Being a gadget freak I have a house full of 'Pods' and equivalents...but thinking more along the lines of 'Wonka-vision' can you imagine how much MacDonalds would pay to own the rights ? Never mind the chocolate...bring on the 'super'fast food ;-)

    By Blogger Diminishing Smile, at 8:34 PM  

  • That would be very cool.

    If you look around...there is some shareware available that lets you download your songs from your iPod to your computer.

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:44 AM  

  • RFID chips implanted under the scalp? Hrm, maybe I'll go back and read Revalations again.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 11:39 AM  

  • Technology is kind of like a sex partner. Sure something better could come along, but you'll never have any fun if you don't jump into the fray sometime.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 1:34 PM  

  • Don't have an iPod... I am saving up for the Wonka TV though. :)


    http://afishcalledveda.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Veda, at 5:14 AM  

  • well, at least that explains why you never sent me your old laptop...

    i don't have an ipod. is that like a group of really pretentious, selfcentered whales?

    By Blogger cher, at 5:42 PM  

  • Just get something that makes you happy and try not to worry about the rest. No matter what you do there is going to be something more advanced coming down the pipeline. Just part of life.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home