Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, April 11, 2008

Happiness, Shock and Egg Salad

I couldn't be more satisfied with the customer service at my cell phone company. I had an issue with my phone which techinical support could not resolve. I was told me that since my phone was still under warranty they would get me a new or "reconditioned" one(pretty sure that is just a nice word to say used ). Within two days they sent me a new phone, plus a pre-paid box to send back the defective one. So this makes me happy.

I haven't written about my favorite reality show "Idol" very much this year. However, I was shocked to my very core about the elimination yesterday. I now have the opinion that it may not be about talent, but about popularity. I'm still in shock and the words reverberate through my ears "Michael you are going home". My cousin called soon after Ryan announced the next cut and said "WTF"--I had to laugh because she hasn't cussed since the birth of her first child. So I guess I wasn't the only person who didn't think he deserved to be cut. And the way he was told he was going home placed another boil on my back. Ryan announced that last year no one was cut but that this year Michael was going home. Why? Was being rejected not painful enough, did they have to slather salt all over it?

I want to wish a happy birthday weekend to The Egg. On her behalf I would like to say that she is without a doubt one of the best friends I've EVER made. This is cheesy but I am truly blessed to have our friendship. Our friendship shot into fast forward after the practice firedrill which tossed us out of our dorms at 3 a.m. Since then she has always been able to keep me from going over the edge. You don't find many people like her, someone who goes 110%, no make that 500%, umm no make that infinity percent to bend over backwards for a friend. And since then, I have yet to connect with another person the way I have with her. Be sure to go over to her blog and wish her a happy birthday!! I love ya chick!!

12 Comments:

  • The cell phone company is ? Good customer service is hard to come by.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:56 AM  

  • Customer service from a cell phone company. That doesn't exist in Canada. No, we've got the technology, we just haven't got the customer service. It's a very much take it or leave it situation.

    Glad to hear that you've got it though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 AM  

  • Hmm, I wasn't shocked by Michael Johns getting the boot. He just wasn't that good really. Plus, two of the people that I think are pretty much next in line to get voted off (Jason Castro and Kristy Lee Cook) had really good showings that night. The main thing here is that the top eight were all pretty darn good really, so it's anyone's game.

    Oh, and I despise cell phone companies.

    By Blogger Duck, at 10:27 AM  

  • Awwwww you're truly an Angel, my friend:) As much as I hate the red tape with cell phone companies, I have to be grateful for the phone...we have had many, many memorable conversations. If it wasn't for your reassuring words of support, I don't know where I'd be...You know one of my birthday wishes for this year! Yay--we may be able to feed the pigeons in the park finally!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:35 PM  

  • I'm not an idol fan. Now if you watch some Big Brother let me know =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • I;;m not surprised he was kicked off, but I am surprised he was let go BEFORE KLC. I mean really... she needs to go.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 7:15 PM  

  • There were many more deserving of getting the boot than Johns but then again he wasn't in my top three so it doesn't matter all that much.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 8:04 PM  

  • Glad to know someone is getting good customer service. And Happy Birthday to Egg as well.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:27 AM  

  • Good customer service! Wow. I wonder what that is like.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:10 PM  

  • Happy Birthday, Egg!

    It's so great to have friends like that!

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:11 AM  

  • That cell company rules! And the final paragraph of this was adorable!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 10:43 AM  

  • Glad you had good luck with your cell phone company. The trick was that you were still under warrenty.....

    I have only watched one episode of Idol this season, I just can't seem to get into it...

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home