Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hungover

Nope, I didn't drink myself into oblivion last night. I did sleep way too much. I think the excitement of having my family over for the week finally took it's toll on me. I went to bed fairly late last night because I stayed up hanging out with my sister and parents. It was their last night visiting and they would be leaving at 6:30 a.m.

Anyway, I went to bed around 1 a.m. and then got up around 5 a.m. to say my goodbyes and have a safe trip and all that other sappy stuff. I went back to bed around 6 a.m. and didn't wake till around 1 p.m. (so excluding the 30 minutes of goodbyes, that is almost 12 hours of sleep). Now I'm groggy and my head feels heavy. It's that kind of groggy that I get when I take a Tylenol P.M. On top of that I feel like a slug. Who would have thought that too much sleep would have this kind of effect?

14 Comments:

  • Yeah that's very weird of you to get up at 1pm. Sounds like something I'd do! But you were tired from all the early morning farewells. Glad that we got to yap today. Have a good weekend!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 6:58 PM  

  • Sometimes too much sleep gives me a headache :-( I also hate how I feel so disoriented.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 11:04 PM  

  • ...um, somebody with your education? :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 11:25 PM  

  • A post titled hungover, and nary a mention of a drop of booze.

    What's up with that?

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 2:48 PM  

  • Wow, that is a lot of sleep

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 5:33 PM  

  • Ug. I hate that "too much sleep" feeling.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 5:37 AM  

  • I hope you have fun with the fam =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 AM  

  • Ugh, I know what you're talking about. I always get a backache when I sleep for too long, along with the general drowsiness that doesn't go away.

    By Blogger Duck, at 8:21 AM  

  • OOooohhh, that has happened to me.
    Hope you have a great week Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 8:37 PM  

  • Too much sleep definitely makes me sleepy too. I guess there's some sort of line between too much and just right--but I still sort of think it's good every now and then to sleep an obscene amount.

    By Blogger Ally, at 10:41 PM  

  • Too much sleep?!

    You don't know how lucky you are.

    Insomnia sometimes makes me stay up when I am soooo tired.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:15 PM  

  • I don't think there is such a thing as too much sleep. I envy all those who can sleep for ten hours or more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • I think I can honestly say I have never had a hangover from sleeping, but I certainly have slept one off from too much drinking.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 7:36 PM  

  • Oh, I know that feeling ... too much sleep makes me feel worse than not enough !!
    I only need around 5 to 6 hours a night these days ... any more, and I wake up with that feeling you described !!
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home