Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Insomnia

For some reason, this year I'm having a hard time adjusting to day light savings. Not exactly sure why. I've even tried going to be earlier. Every day this week I was in bed by 10. Every day, by ten! Who does that? But I still toss and turn till about two in the morning. Not very good. I feel like I just traveled to California and back and I'm jet lagged.

I know in the past that I've complained about having insomnia. I solved that problem when I stopped using the dull sounds of the television as a lullaby. Falling asleep in front of the television was difficult. The blinking lights, the strange music of some infomercials, someone screaming in the background, all stimulated my dull brain way too much. Plus, on Comedy Central they have repeats of The Colbert Report and South Park after midnight.

Now I've got to get use to this time change. It's been a week. One would think that I could adjust by now.

13 Comments:

  • I've been having insomnia regardless of the time change. :o( I spend the early morning hours watching Fresh Prince marathons.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 5:19 PM  

  • Insomnia sucks. Welcome to the club. We tend to meet at 2:00AM. Nothing else to do and we're all awake.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • I have a friend that hates DST for that same reason, I just don't feel it for some odd reason.

    Maybe it's because here in Indiana we are only in like our 3rd year of actually observing, so 2am used to never just "vanish" on us. Good luck with this I hate when I can't sleep.

    By Blogger Phats, at 6:16 PM  

  • I am having a hard time as well. Maybe I can catch up when standard time rolls back in the fall.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 9:15 PM  

  • I'm used to not getting much sleep. But Insomnia DOES suck.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 10:40 PM  

  • well seeing as they changed the clocks earlier than ever this year, i think we've all been having a hard time adjusting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

  • Good luck getting some sleep. Hope you are better adjusted by now.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:15 AM  

  • Melatonin and valerian. Find them in the vitamin section or health food store. :D

    By Blogger Nepharia, at 9:40 PM  

  • I'm reading a book about insomnia called "Insomnia: A Cultural History." I read a few pages and went to sleep...too much historical info! I need a personal account of an insomniac. So I guess I'll get the memoir called "Insomniac."

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:01 PM  

  • I count. Just start counting slowly and eventually your mind will wander off to another topic and you'll fall asleep.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:24 PM  

  • I hate DST. It takes my body awhile to adjust to it as well. Sucks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • Gah. See this is why I wish my gym was a 24 hour one. Then at 1 am when I can't sleep ( I tend to be blessed in this aspect (insert your own 'Good in bed' joke here, if desired)) I could go work out and actually DO something!

    Sending good sleep vibes,
    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 11:09 AM  

  • One big upside of not having cable is that I don't stay up anymore to watch Colbert and The Daily Show.

    One thing that really helps me sleep is working out every day--especially strength training.

    Hope your insomnia goes away asap.

    By Blogger Ally, at 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home