Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A New Season of Reality

I watched "Beauty and the Geek" yesterday via the CW site. I didn't watch it when it was on because I was watching American Idol. I am not sure why they did a second week of Beatles music. Last week verged on boring for me. It's not because I don't like the Beatles, but something about the interpretations by the singers just didn't sit well with me.

Anyway, about the Geeks, why the heck to I identify with them so much? Is it because I can see myself in many of them? I think I had written a post about this last year around the same time. I don't have any sweater vests and I know that my glasses aren't broken in the middle (and are acutally up to date). Makes me wonder a little bit.

But this season has me baffled. They aren't pairing the Geeks with the Beauties this year. Instead they are having them battle it out for the money. Now in true reality, the Beauties would kick Geek ass. Even if they weren't better, the Geeks would still get confused by all the flying mammary glands and nice soft feminine scents. I don't see the Geeks defeating the Beauties and in a couple weeks, after the Geeks have all been eliminated, it's just going to be girl on girl battling for the quarter of a million dollars.

6 Comments:

  • I have no idea why they did a second week of Beatles either. And I say this as someone who is not a fan... at all. The performances were a snoozefest. I seriously think there is a Michael Jackson conspiracy going on here. Doesn't he own all the rights to their songs? And on "America's Best Dance Crew" they just did a tribute to him as well... AND they are using a "Thriller" mix to sell the SoBe brand of drink. Odd.

    I really like the 1st season of "Beauty and the Geek"... I really dug the concept, but I don't like how they are doing it now. I thought the whole idea was a "social experiment" with a monetary prize as kind of a twist.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 9:42 PM  

  • Hey Angel Jr
    I love reality shows, but I have never gotten into Beauty and the geek, not sure why?

    As for Idol, I thought doing a second week with the same theme was a BIG mistake because it was so GOOD last week. Definitely wasn't as a good this week.

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:58 AM  

  • Girl on girl battling? Now that ought to get some ratings.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 11:11 PM  

  • I can offer nothing substantial to this post because I don't watch any of those shows, and your commentary is not swaying me to change my mind.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:49 PM  

  • I've never seen that show before. A new show that started last week on ABC was really good called Miss Guided, you should check that out.

    Thanks for that smile comment =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

  • You make a good point and that is hwy they are most likely going to keep the eliminations favored in one direction or another in order to keep both sides "equal". Or , if that does start to ahppen, maybe they pair them up...

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home