Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Been Awhile

Thanks Phats for letting me know how neglectful I've been....and yes I've realized it's been awhile.

I have just been really caught up with watching CNN lately and all election speeches. I really am not interested in politics, but this year the run for the nomination has been interesting. So I'm not off in some corner playing by myself, I'm actually glued to any news about the political candidates.

Anyway, while watching the news, I saw a story on a baby disco opening . At first I thought the reel-the-viewer-in line was just that, something to keep me from changing the channel. But then when they ran the actual story, I realized it was just what they described. This place is a lounge where parents can bring their kids to socialize and play. Pretty creative if you ask me. I'm sure they'll get a few people to pay the cover charge. But really, how many parents are actually going to bring their children to this place more than a few times?

I may be old fashioned, but I feel that children should learn dances like the Hokey Pokey and Ring Around the Posey. And most children would (although I have none of my own so my findings may be from exposure to my younger cousins, nephews and nieces) probably be as happy dancing in front of their television sets at home, rather than on a lit up floor under a hanging mirrored disco ball.

10 Comments:

  • Do they sell baby bell bottoms as well?

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 4:34 PM  

  • I love the transition from the election campaign to the baby disco. Some might say the two are eerily similar ...

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 5:31 PM  

  • Good grief... a BABY disco. LOL... anything to get parents to spend money.

    Although it's better they run around and play there than messing up their parent's home. So I guess I can kinda see the draw.

    And don't kids "socialize" at school?

    By Blogger Jillian, at 7:09 PM  

  • Maybe the socializition isn't just for the kids but the parents as well. If momma likes to dance....

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 7:57 PM  

  • Baby Disco? Didn't they open up for Grand Funk Railroad? If anyone knows when I pulled that terrible joke from they better email me. Anyway I am only taking my kids to a place where they can jam to terrible hair metal so someone needs to invent Baby Butt Rock.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 9:37 PM  

  • The hot babies wouldn't talk to my kid anyway. I'll let him get regected when he gets older.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 11:29 PM  

  • what will they think of next?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • I have been involved in the campaign as well.
    Have a great week Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 9:12 PM  

  • I'm a little surprised you haven't made an American Idol post yet. Or did I miss it?

    With the writer's strike, right now, that's about the only thing that isn't reruns.

    What I find interesting is how the judges keep saying "We have naver had as much talent on the show as we have this year."

    I keep wondering, whom are they trying to persuade,the audience, the contestants, or themselves?

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 6:28 PM  

  • LOL thats funny, I agree with Jillian though, why let the little darlings destroy your home when they can go and do it somewhere else ;)

    By Blogger Pixie, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home