Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Really Good Book

I am reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for the second time. I think the first time I read it, it was for school. I don't remember enjoying it the first time or maybe my immature mind (I'm not claiming maturity just yet--you can't be considered mature if you still laugh when someone farts) just didn't comprehend the concept of the novel. This time however, I am thoroughly enjoying it.

There are a lot of books that I enjoy the second time I read them. One of my favorites is The Catcher In the Rye. Everytime I read it, I get something more out of it.

This isn't mean to be a "read this" list. I am just saying that part of my absence from the blog, aside from enjoying American Idol is reading ZATAOMM (it took longer to think up the initials for this novel than just typing the whole title out).

9 Comments:

  • I have never read that book, I might need to check it out. I too love Catcher in the Rye, such a classic

    Hey how about your Mountaineers!? WOOHOO! I love when Duke loses

    By Blogger Phats, at 5:57 PM  

  • I have been meaning to read The Catcher and the Rye.
    I am hooked on American Idol too.
    I was not surprised Rocker chick got the boot last week. She was good, but not diverse enough for the show.
    Oh, sometimes we never really "grow up"! ;)
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 7:03 PM  

  • CITR is a great book. ZATAOMM? I have heard of it but that is about it. I might have to investigate further.
    TTYL.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 8:47 PM  

  • That's one I haven't red but I'm sure I will eventually.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 10:10 PM  

  • Farts ARE funny! :-P

    Amanda is gone!!! FINALLY. Although I'm shocked the Kristy I Suck is there. There is no reason for her to stick around after next week.

    I read "Catcher in the Rye" when I was still in Junior High, I didn't really "get it". I think it's worth a reread though.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 1:14 AM  

  • Thanks for the book recommends. I can never read a book more than once...I always make fun of my sister b/c she won't give me the book b/c she says she will eventually read it again. She was never the sharing type anyway growing up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 AM  

  • I never read a book twice, but I do think I should re read catcher in the rye, dear holden caufield

    I think I was just as depressed as he was while reading this book.

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 10:47 PM  

  • I was really glad Syesha was safe tonight!

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:45 PM  

  • Who doesn't laugh when someone farts?!?!

    By Blogger Design Goddess, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home