Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Should Have Gotten A Picture

I was driving a couple days ago and I saw the strangest thing...some guy was on what looked like a child's bicycle peddling his way home (I think) while balancing a case of beer on his lap. Part of me laughed. But there was a side of me that felt bad that he probably didn't have a car to lug his liquor back home in. I don't think this was just a quick trip to the corner store either. If there was a convenient store located anywhere in my vicinity, I would probably walk there on occasion to burn off the calories I would put on from the junk food purchase I would make there. This guy was a on a busy street and there wasn't a neighborhood for at least two miles in either direction. I am assuming that he bought the beer at gas/convenient store located about 100 feet from where I saw him.

I really should start carrying a camera around. Lord knows I don't know how to operate the camera phone in my Treo. I mean I know how to snap the photos, I just don't know how to upload them into my computer. Yes, I'm that lame. But it's also a blessing I don't just snap random photos. I may have caused some traffic pile up by stopping to take the photo. It would have been a dangerous task. I can't walk and chew gum, so braking, steering and snapping a pic is out of the question. I have to use my blue-tooth gadget to talk on the phone while in the car. I can't even dial--thank goodness for voice activation. Hey Egg, I just yell "Scrambled" into my phone to get you. Oh yeah Egg. you need to post something again soon!!

On that note, my built-in wireless for this laptop stopped working. I don't why, I don't know how. I've tried downloading it's updates to find out that it's already updated. Pisses me off. I bought one of those USB plug in wireless gadgets a couple days ago to use when I'm at a coffee shop or at the library. Slow at molasses, but what can I do?

Now where was I?

11 Comments:

  • Oh, that laptop thing is not good. It happenned to me last year, and they replaced my motheboard. Luckily I was still under warranty.

    I suggest you back up all your files and data, and take it in to get looked at.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 3:23 PM  

  • Wow a mental image. Sure wish you'd have gotten a pic.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:25 PM  

  • I hate when cool technology just stops working...makes me grumpy.

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:16 AM  

  • If you're relying on a bicycle to get you around town, then picking up liquor at the nearest package store is the least of your worries.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 2:01 PM  

  • Hi Angel, How have you been? Are you going for the match soon?
    Anyway, when your computer has a built in wireless and you plug in another wireless enhancing or wifi external devices, there is a point when their softwares clash with each other—causing one or the other to stop working. It happened to one of my old laptops. As the machine is confused which route it uses. Try to manually uninstall the software for that external wifi. And if it is a plug and play (aka no installation), go to your network settings. You can tweak the wireless settings there basically to disable one so that the other can work. Hope this helps.

    But then again, an excuse to get a new one! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

  • Angel, its so easy to download pics, go for a quick preview at your camera store
    looking forward to your pics

    By Blogger TK Kerouac, at 11:54 AM  

  • Yeah I'm right there with you pal--me very slow with tech stuff!!! No wonder we click:) How cool that you put "scrambled!" I gotta set mine up. And, yes, I'll come up with a juicy post soon:)

    By Blogger The Egg, at 2:26 PM  

  • U shoudl carry a camera because you do see a lot of wierd things driving around.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 3:35 PM  

  • Oh you are so right! I always see the most interesting or funny things when I don't have a camera with me. I have my camera now, I just need to buy a case for it.
    Have a great weekend Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 8:00 PM  

  • Well you painted a pretty good picture. Sorry to hear about the computer.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 10:06 PM  

  • That is a committed drinker, gotta give him props.

    By Blogger Scott, at 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home