Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love Changes Everything

Does being in love change everything? Can it actually change the way one looks? Is it a better option than dieting, a make-over or spending hours at the gym?

Recently one of my buddies was passing through town and asked me to meet him for dinner. When he walked into the room, or should I say strutted, I immediately noticed something different. I told him he looked different and asked if he lost weight, got a tan or was wearing his hair different.

Something about him was different and I couldn't put my finger on it. During dinner, his phone rang and he politely excused himself saying he had to take the call. When he came back, he explained that he was sorry, his girlfriend just wanted to make sure he was safe since he had been driving so long.

And there it was. The confidence, the smile, the reason that he wasn't wearing sweats on his long drive home. Someone at home was waiting for him.

And when I realized why his looks had changed, the nerd I met in college suddenly resurfaced. However, the nerd had better skin and a more symmetrical haircut (and he bathed using soap).

5 Comments:

  • It surely can not hurt.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:17 AM  

  • What a cute post!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 4:57 AM  

  • Yes, I am a firm believer that love can make changes in your demeanor and even how you feel physically.
    Thanks for saying hi to Marley!
    Hope all is well with you Angel!
    xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 10:01 PM  

  • Wait until they break-up. Then you'll see his "darkside."

    OK, that's a pretty pessimistic comment.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:53 PM  

  • Nice post Angel. It is true that love can give you a makeover. Being in love - especially in the beginning stages - gives you a whole new outlook on life.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home