Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Do Most Reporters Report Just to Hear Their Own Voice?

Today while on the treadmill (I haven't been on for such a long time--2 weeks), I watched CNN and I was quite unnerved by this one reporters interview. She was interviewing a doctor from one of the California medical schools (his name was Dr. Pynos (sp?)) about the mental aftermath that disasters have on small children. Several times while this doctor was trying to explain, she would either cut him off or would interupt him. Quite rude. So, the jist of the story and of the information, I didn't get. She would thwart him with "Uh huhs and would throw in different questions while he was speaking". Not only rude, but to interupt during an informative interview? I didn't bother to get her name, otherwise I would have inserted it here, because when I see her face on CNN again, I'm going to flip the channel to a different station.

Anyway, I gained 11 pounds between Thanksgiving and now. I didn't think I would. In fact I promised myself I wouldn't. But I did. I think it was just the constant eating. We have nine days of prayer starting on the 17th and ending on the 25th. The prayer is followed by outright gorging on food. And so I gained. Plus all the junkfood that sits around when familes, the Cinco size gather together. It was non-stop eating. No one forced me, no gun to my head, no twisting of the arms. I just over-indulged. My fault. So I'll have to work hard to get this tire from around my waist to melt away.

Anyway, let's end on a better note. Happy Birthday to my med school buddy Ed Sanchez who turned I think 40 on Dec 28th. Hope he had a great birthday! And I hope his arrival in Florida was safe and sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home