Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Some Accident

It was discussed on the news today that the trainwreck in Glendale, California was caused by a man who had parked on the rails in an attempt to commit suicide. They talked about the messages written in blood in the vehicle--messages which stated "I love my kids...I love (indecipherable woman's name)". One firefighter said he was quite emotionally touched my the messages left by the driver of the car. The driver of the car, at the last minute jumped out of his car to safety. Two trains collided because of the vehicle left on the rails. Many people injured and several died.

I don't know what to make of such a case. On one hand I'm disturbed that a person would so selfishly involve other people in their attempt at their own lives. So if he had succeeded, his life would have ended but also with it, the other lives of innocent people. On the other hand, I feel sorry for this person, who so desperately wanted to end his own life. What has life shown him that he would think of no other way out, but to end it all.

I remember a time in my life when someone I knew took their life. One of my cousins had said to me, "Don't ever let your life get to the point where you can't talk to one of us about it. There isn't anything you could say that would ever make me turn my back to you...". It was comforting to know that I would always have a shoulder to lean on, someone to go to if I ever felt so dragged down and burdened. I'm hoping that everyone out there has a person to go to, an understanding family that will share the pains and sorrows that everyone will somehow go through.

My wish for today is that everyone thank their friends and family for the support they've recieve throughtout the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home