Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I'm Cured

Okay, I'm finally over the 24 hour bug, flu, stomach virus, whatever it was that plagued me from early monday morning until about noon yesterday. It felt like a mack truck hit me, ran over me, then dragged me for a couple miles, left me in the desert, came back and fed me to the buzzards. That descriptive enough?
Anyway, before this thing hit me, I wanted to tell you about my experience with the travelling "Miss Saigon" show. Overall I liked it. The music was great, the actors were great. I actually got to meet the little boy who played Tam. But I was upset at not getting to see a real helicopter on the stage--like they use at the New York theatre. Yes, I know that it's not prudent. However, one of the reasons that I wanted to see the show, was for props like that. And since it was in my head the whole time, I couldn't get past that they didn't use a helicopter. It may have ruined my overall enjoyment of the play. Remember, I am easily distracted (the time I watched "The Phantom of the Opera" in Baltimore and could only think about where the guy sitting a few rows in front of me got his beer and Reese Cups).
I enjoyed the show enough though to buy the soundtrack. When you listen to it several times--it's nice to play in the background while you are doing something important--the story starts to make more sense. Since I don't know the words, and the tunes are catchy enough to sing, it's a filler. You see I can't have complete silence when I'm doing anything. Anyhow, back to where I was first going, all the lyrics start to unfold and the story gets told. Plus during the play, some of the characters are all singing at once, so their voices blend and you don't know who is saying what to whom? Why do they do that? Are you suppose to listen to one person or the other. It's so confusing. Makes my head spin. Nothing spun during the Miss Saigon show though, they didn't have the special props. Once again, I'm back to the helicopter.
Anyway, my favorite actors/actresses were Ashley Hunt, who played Ellen and Jennifer Paz who played Kim--in that order.
I would recommend people go and see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home