Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Mountainous Omlet

I recently had the best omelet I've ever had in my life.

My mother suggested eating at IHop (in SouthRidge, Charleston West Virginia) yesterday, so my sister, brother-in-law and I met her there. Mom usually doesn't suggest a restaurant unless she has tried it herself and enjoyed it. Usually when she takes us out to lunch, she asks for our suggestions. So since she spoke up and said she wanted to eat there, we met her there.

I had eaten in IHop before, but usually ate their pancakes, not really being an omlet person. However, in an effort to cut down on sweats, I opted for the Colorado omelet. It was awesome. Plus it was a meal for two--although I finished it (being the pig that I am). My sister couldn't finish her meal and neither could my nephew Xavier (he's only two and decided that he'd rather play with the mushy syrup on his plate). But it was the best breakfast meal I've had in decades and I'm being serious.

It was so good that after my prayer meeting, I suggested it to my friends Sue and Tracy. Even though it was late at night--cause we had to watch the finals of The Amazing Race! Congrats to the winning couple (we had wanted them to win)---we still headed out for IHOP. To my dismay it was closed for the evening. I thought IHOPS were 24 hours. We ended up eating at Fridays, which was open till 1 a.m.

I'm going to have to go back sometime this week since I still crave the omelet.

I want to say a belated Happy Birthday to my buddy Jason Dacua (of the Filipino band StageCrew)!!! Miss you buddy! He celebrated his birthday on Feb 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home