Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Nosey Minds Want To Know

I was reading some tabloid magazines that my father brought home. His secretary is an avid fan and subscriber to some of these magazines. She believes that Elvis is alive and well--even visiting a small town outside of Charleston, WV. To each their own, and I'm sure she has some evidence which leads her to this conviction. We all have certain beliefs to which we hold onto, no matter what certain evidence points to.

Anyway, I can't believe some of the things that people write or even have interest in. These celebrities, whose lives are no much different then ours (if you prick them, do they not bleed?), have their daily intineraries posted for all to see. There were pictures of them doing their grocery shopping and even sunbathing. Give me a break! Do I really want to know what Kevin Federline is buying for Brittany? I could care less, my eating habits will not be curbed because Brittany drinks Pepsi and not Sprite. And I really don't want to see Laura Flynn Boyle in another bikini. I end up just wanting to feed her a meal.

But these magazines sell because people want to know what these other people do. And although the things they do are probably on a much bigger scale--they do eat, sleep and put on their pants one leg at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home