Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, April 18, 2005

A light goes on upstairs

Every now and then I get this notion that I've come up with a profound topic. The other day while I was talking to one of my friends, I realized that we dramatically recreate our lives to seem more interesting than they really are. We add a certain flair to the events that occur so that it can grasp the attention of the listener. In fact most of the dramas in our lives are rather mind-made conflicts, rather than created by a perpetrator and victim.

I know, it's not so profound, but it has been lurking in the back of my mind since that lightbulb went on. And it's probably something that we all already know. I know that I'm guilty of it. I've added a few ten dollar phrases to my description of everyday life in oder to color it a little bit. Things seem so much better when there are dramatics and what we see as catastrophic events sprinkling our lives. It may help most people get thru the day.

It's the reason that we tune into shows like "Desperate Housewives" or why there are certain scenes which are edited out of those reality shows that I'm so addicted to. If we keep the humdrum in, then the shows would not be that popular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home