Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Where Would You Eat?

This morning on a radio station, one DJ said she was in a restaurant in the Pittsburgh area, when she saw a violation of FDA. She said she and her child were in the bathroom when an employee came in, did her business, checked her look in the mirror and then left (gasp!) without washing her hands.

The DJ then told her daughter, "You can eat her but I'm not going to".

We all see the sign, "All employees must wash their hands". Most of us don't wash our hands, and how many of them really do when no one is looking? Let's face it, more gets done to our food in the fast food and restaurant business than we care to know. We've heard the urban legends and seen some of the hidden camera documentaries.

Anyway, the point of my story was, this DJ would subject her child to the urine or fece laden food touched by this employee, but save herself? I'm not thinking too highly of her parenting skills right now. When a co-DJ asked her about those actions, she said that it was a restaurant that her child enjoyed eating in (hmmm child liking fast food, I'm thinking McDonald's or Burger King) and she didn't want the child to get upset. Let's see...temper versus explosive diarrhea due to contaminated food! One or the other?

Which is a better situation to have...a screaming tantrum throwing child for the ride home, or a greenish yellow stained car seat with the smell of hard boiled egg yokes?

13 Comments:

  • Yes, Alex, I will take the screaming tantrum throwing child for $200.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:42 PM  

  • Yeah... then sue the restaurant!

    By Blogger missy, at 3:45 PM  

  • Hmmm, that's a tough call, I AM a big fan of the eggs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • I'd wash my hands off this dirty business!
    I have heard that worse happens in some renowned restaurants. Have heard of waiters who spit into your food (in your absense) when they feel insulted.

    By Blogger Wriju, at 6:46 PM  

  • I welcome the bacteria. That which does not kill me makes me stronger. People are filthy. I'd eat there any way. The best defense against disease is a kick ass immune system. Oh and my iron gut helps too.

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 7:51 PM  

  • Oh yuke! sorry that's the best i can do at this time!

    By Blogger Skye, at 3:19 AM  

  • Yikes ! - I'd go really really mad and there is no way, if I had a kid, that he/she would eat there

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • Screaming tantrum. Diarrhea and children do not mix well together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • Screaming tantrum anytime!!

    By Blogger x, at 5:28 PM  

  • ok, first of all...i want to defend the employee. I used to work in a pizza joint and in the hallway was the bathroom. we shared this bathroom with the customers from the laundrymat and a hair salon, oh, and not to mantion the crack addicts. I would use the washroom, touch as little as possible and then wash my hands back in the pizza place. this sink i knew was clean. i know. i cleaned it.
    ok, with that said....i doubt that's what happened here. WWDD? (What would Delilah do?)

    By Blogger cher, at 6:43 PM  

  • Ew. That was really weird of the DJ to do - who's in control in that relationship - the child or the adult? Sheesh! Hmmmm...tough choice. I'm going to go with the crying.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 10:51 PM  

  • I'm definitely for hygeine. The kid could cry, but I'd be hauling him/her out of there, over my shoulder if neccessary.

    That said, I gave up eating McDonald's years ago, so I wouldn't be taking my kid there in the first place.

    In fairness, though, we don't know it's a McDonald's. It could be one of many other places. I fI was the DJ, I'd have said which restaurant it was on air, force them to clean up their act.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 11:41 PM  

  • I hate it when parents cowtow to their kids and don't seem to know who is in charge.

    That said, she should have reported the employee to management right away and I probably wouldn't have eaten there for fear THAT employee would put snot in my food as retaliation or something.

    By Blogger Sydney, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home