Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, January 23, 2006

Weird Things About Me

I can't remember who told me to do this, or why I would confess something like this. I am suppose to list five weird things about me. I'm not sure if they are weird, gross or even ordinary.
A friend of mine and I were talking (we always talk) and we discovered that some of the things we converse about are comedic, and we've come to the conclusion that ordinary people don't talk about such things. What I've discovered was that other friends of mine also discuss those "strange" topics. I was hanging out with one of my cousins and he told me that his recent phone bill statement showed that he used 6000 minutes and how he was glad that 90 percent of it was free mobile to mobile and nights/weekends minutes. My thought was, what on earth could possibly cause you to use that many minutes. He then told me that most of it was used to speak to his girlfriend. Again, I asked what on earth could you guys discuss for that long. Most married couples who live together don't spend that much time talking in person. He then mentioned some of their topics of conversation--okay, so mine and my friend's conversations weren't so extra-ordinary anymore. Someone else also discusses those odd topics--like masturbation, high school stunts/parites/parental groundings, not wanting to get married but having surrogate babies--topics which are really about nothing but keep us on the phone for hours.
Where was I suppose to go with this blog? I'm not sure. I know that it started out with weird things about me..so I guess one of them could be the topics of phone conversation.
Another weird thing about me is I have to clean my ears on a daily basis. And I like the feeling of the q-tip swabbing around in my ear canal. I also have to remove some of the cotton before I actually swab, so that I can get the q-tip all the way into my ear canal.
I have an obsession with Birkenstock sandals. I own six pairs of them already--and I still want to buy more. And not the generic copied sandals. They have to be Birkenstock. My sister has told me that they aren't regulation dress shoes for wearing once I have to be in the hospital all the time. But to me they are the most comfortable sandal EVER!
Finally, I have to read the blogs that I frequent. I feel like I'm somehow missing out if I don't. And I'll make the time to read them sometime during the day. Is it weird that I don't know any of the people personally, and yet I actually "miss" them if I don't read their blogs?
I think I was suppose to come up with five weird things. The only other thing I can think of is my lack of tolerance for "smells". I burn scented candles daily--to either get rid of/cover up whatever smells may linger in my home. I also have to use those clorox disinfectant wipes to clean up any spills or messes anywhere (this rids the place of 99 percent of the germs--according to the box anyway). Getting rid of the germs may also rid the place of any funky smells.
That's it. I think I played by the rules of the last tag.

21 Comments:

  • I am the same with smell... I am very sensitive to foul or any unusual smell...

    Also, since I started blogging and having more people come and visit me, I feel that I have to visit blogs in my blogroll because I don't want to "miss out."

    By Blogger missy, at 11:45 AM  

  • Clorox wipes rule! Especially "lavanda." I'm addicted to those things.

    I try to keep up with reading certain blogs frequently. Though I don't always comment on "old" posts, I usually read them just to stay informed. I don't know if it's strange, but I'm into it, too.

    By Blogger Aud*2020, at 12:00 PM  

  • I have come to the conclusion, along with other blog friends that we know one another better than many of the people we are in face to face contact with. I certainly do not think it is weird at all to miss blog friends. I completely understand.
    Hope you're having a great day...
    Cathy

    By Blogger Cathy, at 12:00 PM  

  • That is why I am into this blogging thing, I love to catch up on my blogger peeps just as much as I love to rant on about my own life..hehe.

    And I'm with u on the smells and germs too! Gotta have the wipes.. :)

    By Blogger Foxy, at 12:47 PM  

  • Have you tried Dansko shoes? They are super comfortable, hip, and you can wear them at work!

    My old dentist wore birkenstocks with socks year round. I think I went to him soley based on that fact.

    By Blogger Sweet Tea, at 1:06 PM  

  • Yes there are many smelly things and people out there.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:03 PM  

  • those aren't that weird at all. they're endearing, hehe.

    By Blogger j, at 2:10 PM  

  • I have many odd conversations with my friends, but nowhere NEAR 4,000 minutes! Crazy!

    By Blogger Luke, at 3:22 PM  

  • Q-tips scare the shit out of me. You are a braver man than I.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

  • Hey! I like all the same things. That's all nothing more, Have a great day! :)

    By Blogger Skye, at 4:01 PM  

  • I'm right there with you on the covering of "smells"--I use frebreeze on a daily basis and I too am obsessed with Birks.

    By Blogger Chipper, at 4:08 PM  

  • I am the same way about blog reading so that isn't weird or we are both weird. Speaking of odors and odor cleansers, Have you seen the infomercial for Urine-Gone? Amazing shit. I wonder if a pothead put some in his drug screen he would appear to have whizzed straight THC.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 5:59 PM  

  • Never ever mistake a clorox wipe for a baby wipe...EVER!

    I don't think your weird things are really weird at all.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 6:29 PM  

  • Yeah..I have a low tolerance for artificial smells for some reason. They give me a headache.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 6:57 PM  

  • Didn't you have an exam recently too? How did the results go? Hope it's good news!

    By Blogger Dr Vegas, at 9:55 PM  

  • I prefer the fresh scent of lysol, myself. Those clorox wipes stain stuff...

    at least you are a clean freak...

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 10:24 PM  

  • Hey, you're not weird ... all those things seem pretty normal to me !!! Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 10:40 PM  

  • hhhmmmm. If these are your 'weird' things you must think I'm a complete freak, having read my blog, angel!

    I did like the slight OCD qualities with q-tips and anti-bacterial wipes though!!

    By Blogger ziggystardust73, at 10:11 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Sweet Tea, at 12:31 PM  

  • Just what you always wanted!

    Another tag! You're it!

    By Blogger Sweet Tea, at 12:32 PM  

  • Be careful with the q-tips. I know a guy in college that forgot he had one in his ear and answered the phone. He ruptured his eardrum and lost some hearing.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home